The Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) synopsis is a summary of the changes that were introduced in the current Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions. The synopsis is identified by a version number consisting of four digits representing the calendar year and a sequence number. For example, "Version 2012-1" identifies the first release for the calendar year 2012.
To find information on changes introduced in previous versions of the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions, please visit the SACC Synopsis Archive.
Questions related to the current SACC synopsis can be forwarded to the Procurement Policy Contacts.
SACC Synopsis Version 2020-2The Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) Manual was updated in support of Policy Notification (PN) 146: Entry into force of the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA), effective July 1, 2020. See PN-146 for more information.
SACC Synopsis Version 2020-1
The following revisions to the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) are included in Version 2020-1, dated May 28, 2020.
The SACC Manual was updated to incorporate changes related to the following policy notifications:
- Policy Notification 03R2: Policy Updates for Contracting with Former Public Servants
- Policy Notification 133: Policy on Cost Accounting Practices
- Policy Notification 140: New Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) Commodity Grouping (CG) Public Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) (related to Limitation of Liability)
Refer to individual policy notifications for more details.
Section 1 – Standard Instructions
The "Procurement Business Number" section of the following Standard Instructions are updated to remove reference to non-Internet registration:
- 2003: Standard Instructions – Goods or Services – Competitive Requirements
- 2004: Standard Instructions - Goods or Services - Non-competitive Requirements
- 2006: Standard Instructions – Request for Standing Offers – Goods or Services – Competitive Requirements
- 2007: Standard Instructions - Request for Standing Offers - Goods or Services - Non-competitive Requirements
- 2008: Standard Instructions – Request for Supply Arrangements – Goods or Services
Section 3 - General Conditions
The following clauses are modified to state Canada’s position on interest charges:
- 2010A: General Conditions - Goods (Medium Complexity), Section 24 Termination for convenience
- 2010B: General Conditions - Professional Services (Medium Complexity), Section 25 Termination for convenience
- 2010C: General Conditions - Services (Medium Complexity), Section 22 Termination for convenience
- 2015A: General Conditions: Goods – Authorized Users (Medium Complexity), Section 24 Termination for convenience
- 2029: General Conditions - Goods or Services (Low Dollar Value), Section 20 Termination for convenience
- 2030: General Conditions – Higher Complexity – Goods, Section 32 Termination for convenience
- 2035: General Conditions – Higher Complexity – Services, Section 30 Termination for convenience
- 2040: General Conditions – Research and Development, Section 41 Termination for convenience
Section 5 – Standard Procurement Clauses
Subsection 5.A: Instructions to Bidders / Contractors
A3007T: Origin of work: Clause modified to improve the clarity of the text.
Subsection 5.L - Production Tooling and Special Test Equipment
L5001C: Surplus Government Property: Modified to clarify text, expand recommended use to all government departments and to allow knowledge of any contract implementation to the resulting OPI (GCSurplus /GCMil).
Subsection 5.R: Real Property Contracting
The "Procurement Business Number" section of the following General Instructions and General Conditions are updated to remove reference to InfoLine (non-Internet registration):
- R1110T: General Instructions (GI) – Architectural and/or Engineering Services – Two Phase Request for Proposal
- R1410T: General Instructions (GI) – Architectural and/or Engineering Services – Request for Proposal
- R2410T: General Instructions - Construction Services
- R2710T: General Instructions - Construction Services - Bid Security Requirements
- R5110T: General Instructions - Elevator Modernization