The Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) synopsis is a summary of the changes that were introduced in the current Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions. The synopsis is identified by a version number consisting of four digits representing the calendar year and a sequence number. For example, "Version 2012-1" identifies the first release for the calendar year 2012.
To find information on changes introduced in previous versions of the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions, please visit the SACC Synopsis Archive.
Questions related to the current SACC synopsis can be forwarded to the Procurement Policy Contacts.
SACC Synopsis Version 2022-4
The following revisions to the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) are included in Version 2022-4, dated December 1, 2022.
- The SACC Manual was updated to incorporate changes related to the following policy notifications:
- Policy Notification 106R1: Policy updates on contract security
- Policy Notification 135U1: Publishing protected information in the SOSA App
- Policy Notification 154: New provisions pertaining to audit clauses
- CanadaBuys Notification 002: Standard Instructions 2004ACB – Goods or Services – Non-competitive Requirements for use in CanadaBuys (SAP Ariba)
- Following the passing of Queen Elizabeth II and in accordance with the rules of accession of the United Kingdom and followed by Canada, the following clauses were modified to update content, references to “Her Majesty” and “the Queen” have been changed to “His Majesty” and “the King”.
- 2005: General conditions: Standing Offers - Goods or Services
- 2009: General conditions: Standing Offers - Goods or Services – Authorized Users
- 2010A: General conditions: Goods (medium complexity)
- 2010B: General conditions: Professional services (medium complexity)
- 2010C: General conditions: Services (medium complexity)
- 2015A: General conditions: Goods - Authorized Users (Medium Complexity)
- 2020: General conditions: Supply Arrangement - Goods or Services
- 2029: General conditions: Goods or Services (Low Dollar Value)
- 2030: General conditions: Higher Complexity - Goods
- 2035: General conditions: Higher Complexity - Services
- 2040: General conditions: Research and Development
- 4007: Canada to own intellectual property rights in foreground information
- 4009: Professional services: Medium complexity
- 4010: Services: Higher complexity
- A3500T: Confidential information for bidding
- A9126C: Non-disclosure agreement
- D0035C: Shipping instructions (Department of National Defence): Foreign-based contractors
- K3410C: Canada to own intellectual property rights in foreground information
- R1210D: General condition (GC) 1: General provisions - Architectural and/or engineering services
- R1250D: General Condition (GC) 9 - Indemnification and Insurance
- R2710T: General Instructions - Construction Services - Bid Security Requirements
- R2810D: General condition (GC) 1: General provisions - Construction services
- R2890D: General Condition (GC) 9 - Contract Security
- R5110T: General Instructions - Elevator Modernization
- The following SACC clauses have been updated to reflect the Directive on the Prevention and Resolution of Workplace Harassment and Violence and its hyperlinks:
- 2010B - General conditions: Professional services (medium complexity), section 32
- 2010C - General conditions: Services (medium complexity), section 28
- 2035 - General Conditions: Higher Complexity – Services, section 42
- R1215D - General Condition (GC) 2 – Administration of the Contract – Architectural and/or Engineering Services, section GC2.3
Section 1 - Standard Instructions
2006 - Standard Instructions - Request for Standing Offers - Goods or Services - Competitive Requirements, section 17 has been modified to fix a translation mistake in the French version.
Section 5 – Standard Procurement Clauses
Subsection 5.A: Instructions to Bidders / Contractors
A0027T: Basis of Selection - Highest Combined Rating of Technical Merit and Price was modified to correct a repetition (French only)
Subsection 5.B: Requirements Definition
B9054C: Task authorization process was modified to add the missing article ‘’le’’ in item 4 (French only)
Subsection 5.D: Delivery, Inspection and Acceptance
D3020C: Preparation for Delivery - European Union has been modified to reflect changes to the packing requirements for the European Union:
- Remarks – Removed items b. and c.
- Legal Text - Changes made to NATO packing reference and minimum required packing level.
Subsection 5.E: Financial Security
The following clauses were updated to replace references from the TB Contracting Policy with the Directive on the Management of Procurement and update the content to align with the Directive.
Subsection 5.H - Terms of Payment
H1003C: Progress payments, Remarks - were modified to correct an error in Option 1 (English only)