Government of Canada procurement activities are principally carried out pursuant to a governing framework comprised of:
- statutes and regulations (including a challenge process);
- trade agreements; and
- policies, directives, procedures and guidelines.
Latest Policy Changes
June 8, 2023 - The Supply Manual (version 2023-2) and SACC Manual (versions 2023-1) have been updated in support of the following Policy Notifications, as applicable:
- Policy Notification 155: Basis of payment
- Policy Notification 156: Cost and profit
- Policy Notification 157: Standard on the Disclosure of Greenhouse Gas Emissions and the Setting of Reduction Targets
- CanadaBuys Notification 003: General Conditions 2030ACB: Higher Complexity - Goods and General Conditions 2035ACB: Higher Complexity - Services for use in CanadaBuys (SAP Ariba)
Additional updates were done to update and improve content. The complete details of the revisions can be viewed in the Supply Manual Synopsis and the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) Synopsis.
March 30, 2023 - The Supply Manual (2023-1) has been updated to remove and update refences to the Automated Buyer Environment (ABE) and its functionalities.