Government of Canada procurement activities are principally carried out pursuant to a governing framework comprised of:
- statutes and regulations (including a challenge process);
- trade agreements; and
- policies, directives, procedures and guidelines.
Latest Policy Changes
September 15, 2022 - The SACC Manual (2022-3) has been updated in support of CanadaBuys Notification 001: Updated Standard Instructions 2003ACB for use in CanadaBuys (SAP Ariba). Please consult the CBN for further information.
July 14, 2022 – The Supply Manual (version 2022-2) and SACC Manual (2022-2) have been updated in support of Policy Notification 152R1: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Supplier Personnel. Please consult the PN for further information.
May 12, 2022 - The Supply Manual and SACC Manual (versions 2022-1) have been updated in support of the following Policy Notifications, as applicable:
- Policy Notification 150: Anti-forced labour requirements
- Policy Notification 151: Update to Code of Conduct for Procurement
- Policy Notification128U2: Reception Method by Canada Post Corporation’s (CPC) Connect Service: Updates to Standard Procurement Templates and Standard Instructions
- Policy Notification 149: Procurement electronic file documentation requirements
- Policy Notification 139R1: Directive on Government Contracts, Including Real Property Leases, in the Nunavut Settlement Area (NSA)
- Policy Notification 48R1: Requirements in respect of the Official Languages Act
Additional updates were done to update and improve content. The complete details of the revisions can be viewed in the Supply Manual Synopsis and the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) Synopsis.