Government of Canada procurement activities are principally carried out pursuant to a governing framework comprised of:
- statutes and regulations (including a challenge process);
- trade agreements; and
- policies, directives, procedures and guidelines.
Latest Policy Changes
- July 1, 2020 - The Supply Manual and SACC Manual (versions 2020-2) have been updated in support of the following Policy Notifications, as applicable:
- May 28, 2020 – The Supply Manual and SACC Manual (versions 2020-1) have been updated in support of the following Policy Notifications, as applicable:
- PN-133: Policy on Cost Accounting Practices
- PN-03R2: Policy Updates for Contracting with Former Public Servants
- PN-137: Changes to Acquisitions Program (AP) Contracting Limits and Amendments to the Government Contracts Regulations
- PN-138: Changes to the Procurement Review Policy
- PN-140: New Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) Commodity Grouping (CG) Public Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) (related to Limitation of Liability)
Additional updates were done to update and improve content. The complete details of the revisions can be viewed in the Supply Manual Synopsis and the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) Synopsis.