The Supply Manual synopsis is a summary of the changes that were introduced in the latest version of the Supply Manual. The synopsis is identified by a version number consisting of four digits representing the calendar year and a sequence number. For example, “Version 2012-1” identifies the first release for the calendar year 2012.
To find information on changes introduced in previous versions of the Supply Manual, please visit the Supply Manual Synopsis Archive.
Questions related to the current Supply Manual synopsis can be forwarded to the Procurement Policy Contacts.
Supply Manual Synopsis - Version 2019-1 (2019-05-30)
This synopsis is a summary of the revisions made to the Supply Manual, Version 2019-1, dated May 30, 2019.
- The Supply Manual was updated to incorporate changes related to the following policy notifications:
- Policy Notification 128U1: Reception method by epost Connect service
- Policy Notification 136: Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP)
Refer to individual policy notifications for more details.
- Revisions relating to the Basis of Payment and Cost and Profit have been updated to include hyperlinks to the new Practitioner’s Guide for Procurement Pricing. Revisions relating to the latest version of the ISO system were updated. A direct link to the CORCAN website was incorporated to the Standing Offer Index. There were minor changes to the titles in Annex 7 – Regret letters. The following sections were affected:
- 4.70.20. Basis of Payment, subsection a
- 10.1. Cost and Profit - General Information, subsection a
- 3.150.1. Standards, Specifications and Purchase Descriptions, subsections j(i) and k
- 3.150.10. Listing Programs, subsection d(iii) and (iv)
- 9.30.10. Implementation, subsection e
- 7.1.1. Appendix A: Regret Letter to Unsuccessful Bidders/Offerors/Suppliers – Responsive Bid/Offer/Arrangement
- 7.1.2. Appendix B: Regret Letter to Unsuccessful Bidders/Offerors/Suppliers – Non-responsive Bid/Offer/Arrangement
- Revisions relating to the contact information for the Trade Agreement Unit were made. The following sections were affected:
- 1.25.1. International and national trade agreements, subsection a
- 1.25.5. North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), subsection e(i)
- 1.25.10. World Trade Organization Agreement on Government Procurement (WTO-AGP), subsection h(i)
- 1.25.11. Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), subsection f(i)
- 1.25.14. Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA), subsection e(i)
- 3.130. Canadian Content Policy, subsection b(i)
- 220.127.116.11. Equivalent products, subsection b
- 18.104.22.168. No Substitute Products
- 5.85. Negotiations, subsection d and e
- Supply Manual Glossary: standing offer
- Trade agreements
- Revisions relating to National Security Exceptions (NSE), were made. The following sections were affected:
- 3.105.5. Texts of the national security exceptions, subsection a(iv)
- 3.105.10. Procedures for invoking a national security exception, subsection a(ii)