The Supply Manual synopsis is a summary of the changes that were introduced in the latest version of the Supply Manual. The synopsis is identified by a version number consisting of four digits representing the calendar year and a sequence number. For example, “Version 2012-1” identifies the first release for the calendar year 2012.
To find information on changes introduced in previous versions of the Supply Manual, please visit the Supply Manual Synopsis Archive.
Questions related to the current Supply Manual synopsis can be forwarded to the Procurement Policy Contacts.
Supply Manual Synopsis - Version 2021-1 (2021-05-20)
This synopsis is a summary of the revisions made to the Supply Manual, Version 2021-1, dated May 20, 2021.
- The Supply Manual was updated to incorporate changes related to the following policy notifications:
- Policy Notification 147: Update to the Directive and Guideline on the Use of Cost and Price Analysis Services
- Policy Notification 148: Entry into force of the Canada-United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement
Refer to individual policy notifications for more details
- The following sections were modified to fix broken links. These updates do not represent any substantive change to these sections.
- Annex 2.2: Green Procurement: Environmental Factors and Evaluation Indicators, page URL (French only)
- 3.51 Integrity overview, subsection e (English only)
- Annex 3.4.1: A Guide to Preparing and Administering Task Authorization for Public Works and Government Services Canada Clients, subsection 7.0 (English only)
- 8.70.5 Amending contracts, subsections c and d (English only)
- 8.140.1 Contract dispute resolution, subsection a (French only)
- Supply Manual Glossary, page URL (French only)
- Revisions were made to incorporate a technical amendment to the Canada-Chile Free Trade Agreement “Time Limits for the Tendering Process” provisions, as well as to make other minor clarifications and corrections related to trade agreements. The following sections were affected:
- 1.35.1 Canadian International Trade Tribunal, subsection c: remove reference to generic email inbox, update contact phone number
- 1.35.5 Procurement Ombudsman, subsection d: remove reference to generic email inbox, update contact phone number
- Annex 2.3 List of Public Works and Government Services Canada allocations units: Contact information for the Ontario Region locations were updated.