The Supply Manual synopsis is a summary of the changes that were introduced in the latest version of the Supply Manual. The synopsis is identified by a version number consisting of four digits representing the calendar year and a sequence number. For example, “Version 2012-1” identifies the first release for the calendar year 2012.
To find information on changes introduced in previous versions of the Supply Manual, please visit the Supply Manual Synopsis Archive.
Questions related to the current Supply Manual synopsis can be forwarded to the Procurement Policy Contacts.
Supply Manual Synopsis - Version 2020-3 (2020-11-19)
This synopsis is a summary of the revisions made to the Supply Manual, Version 2020-3, dated November 19, 2020.
- The Supply Manual was updated to incorporate changes related to the following policy notifications:
- Policy Notification 142: New procurement requirements for accessibility
- Policy Notification 144: Canadian Content Policy: Conditionally limited evaluation clause
Refer to individual policy notifications for more details
- Revisions were made to update links and references to the Canadian Free Trade Agreement, add contact information for the Canadian Content Policy, add reference links between certain Supply Manual sections, and clarify language related to trade agreements and Indigenous benefits. The following sections were affected:
- 1.25.3 Determining coverage under a trade agreement
- 3.130. Canadian Content Policy
- 3.50.1 General procurement
- 3.170 Shipbuilding, repair, refit and modernization
- 4.75.5 Determining the solicitation period
- Annex 4.10: Summary of guidance on minimum solicitation periods
- 5.85 Negotiations
- 9.35.75 Canadian Free Trade Agreement
- 1.5 About the Supply Manual, subsection a: Replaced obsolete email address
- 1.35.5 Procurement Ombudsman, subsection a, ii: Threshold amounts updated
- 1.10.10. Procurement best practices, section m: Replaced obsolete references
- 3.5 Existing procurement instruments, item c: The email address for the InfoLine was updated
- 4.15.1 Departmental Standard Procurement Templates, subsection c: Replaced obsolete references
- 4.55 Controlled goods, subsection a and d: Modified to fix broken Controlled Goods Program links
- Appendix A 7.1.1: Regret Letter to Unsuccessful Bidders/Offerors/Suppliers - Responsive Bid/Offer/Arrangement: Bid Challenge and Recourse Mechanisms link was updated
- Appendix B 7.1.2: Regret Letter to Unsuccessful Bidders/Offerors/Suppliers - Non-responsive Bid/Offer/Arrangement: Bid Challenge and Recourse Mechanisms link was updated