The Supply Manual synopsis is a summary of the changes that were introduced in the latest version of the Supply Manual. The synopsis is identified by a version number consisting of four digits representing the calendar year and a sequence number. For example, “Version 2012-1” identifies the first release for the calendar year 2012.
To find information on changes introduced in previous versions of the Supply Manual, please visit the Supply Manual Synopsis Archive.
Questions related to the current Supply Manual synopsis can be forwarded to the Procurement Policy Contacts.
Supply Manual Synopsis - Version 2020-1 (2020-05-28)
This synopsis is a summary of the revisions made to the Supply Manual, Version 2020-1, dated May 28, 2020.
- The Supply Manual was updated to incorporate changes related to the following policy notifications:
- Policy Notification 03R2: Policy Updates for Contracting with Former Public Servants
- Policy Notification 133: Policy on Cost Accounting Practices
- Policy Notification 137: Changes to Acquisitions Program (AP) Contracting Limits and Amendments to the Government Contracts Regulations
- Policy Notification 138: Changes to the Procurement Review Policy
- Policy Notification 140: New Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) Commodity Grouping (CG) Public Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) (related to Limitation of Liability)
Refer to individual policy notifications for more details.
- Revisions were made in sections related to trade agreements to reflect new thresholds, update links, and fix formatting issues from the 2019-2 Supply Manual update. The following sections were affected:
- Revisions relating to the National InfoLine, were made. The following sections were affected:
- 4.75.20 Procedure for posting of Notice of Proposed Procurement on Government Electronic Tendering Service, subsection d
- 7.30.1 Award notices on the Government Electronic Tendering Service, subsection d
- Annex 10.1: Determination of Fixed Capital Employed Applicable to a Contract
- Annex 10.1.1: Examples to Determine the Fixed Capital Employed
- Annex 10.3: Examples of Profit Calculation
- 2.55. Employer-Employee Relationships, subsection c: hyperlink corrected
- Annex 2.3 List of Public Works and Government Services Canada allocations units: Contact information for the Ontario Region locations was updated
- 18.104.22.168. Firm Price Contracts - Price Certification and Discretionary Audit, subsection a: Text revised to correct a translation error (in French only)
- 4.70.100 Transportation Costs Information, subsection a: was deleted as it is no longer required
- 5.45.10 Transportation Costs: was deleted as it is no longer required
- 8.65 Assignment of Monies, subsection e: Contact information was updated
- 9.10.5 SELECT, subsection b and c are updated to reflect the new Trade Agreements Threshold update