Note: The Office of Small and Medium Enterprises has changed its name to Procurement Assistance Canada.
The Government of Canada wants to help smaller and diverse businesses sell to the government.
Procurement Assistance Canada (PAC), as part of Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC), is here to make it easier for smaller businesses to bid on federal contracting opportunities.
We do that by:
- Finding out what stops them from submitting a bid;
- Advising government buyers and policy-makers on the concerns of small and medium businesses; and by,
- Suggesting ways to make tools and processes better so that it’s easier for smaller businesses to compete for contracts.
How can Procurement Assistance Canada help you?
PAC can help you to better understand how the government buys goods and services, and how you can navigate the process to find opportunities.
Get prepared to sell to the government
- Explore services for smaller businesses - need help navigating the procurement process but not sure where to start? Check out this service guide to find out what PAC resources and services are available to support you.
- Attend a webinar about doing business with the Government of Canada;
- Learn to navigate the federal procurement process - access and download reference sheets, seminar notes and other tools developed by PAC;
- Register as a supplier; or
- If you are registered as a supplier, verify your Supplier Registration Information
If you need help understanding the federal procurement process or registering for a procurement business number: