If you own or operate a business and are interested in selling your goods or services to the federal government, the five-step approach will help you understand the basics of procurement. The information will help you to:
- understand how the government buys goods and services
- access resources and tools available to suppliers
- prepare to do business with the federal government
The procurement process is divided into five steps:
- Step 1: The Procurement Process
- Step 2: Register as a Supplier
- Step 3: Promote Yourself
- Step 4: Search for Opportunities
- Step 5: Bid on Opportunities
Visit our Web pages to learn more about the five-step approach to selling to the government.
If you have questions about the government’s contracting process or tools for doing business with the government, the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises can help.
- You can call our National InfoLine at 1-800-811-1148. The line is staffed Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00 Eastern Standard/Daylight time.
- You can also send your questions via our Web form found on the Contact Us page.