If you own or operate a business and are interested in selling your goods or services to the federal government, the five-step approach will help you understand the basics of procurement. The information will help you to:
- understand how the government buys goods and services
- access resources and tools available to suppliers
- prepare to do business with the federal government
The procurement process is divided into five steps:
- Step 1: The Procurement Process
- Step 2: Register as a Supplier
- Step 3: Promote Yourself
- Step 4: Search for Opportunities
- Step 5: Bid on Opportunities
Visit our Web pages to learn more about the five-step approach to selling to the government.
If you have questions about the government’s contracting process or tools for doing business with the government, Procurement Assistance Canada can help.
- You can call our National InfoLine at 1-800-811-1148. The line is staffed Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00 Eastern Standard/Daylight time.
- You can also send your questions via our Web form found on the Contact Us page.