The following are external Web sites; please read the Hyperlinking Notice.
Business development programs
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) - works with business and communities to make Atlantic Canada's economy more innovative, productive and competitive.
- Canadian Economic Development for Quebec Regions - provides assistance to enterprises, communities and the organizations that support them through its network of 14 business offices located throughout the province.
- Federal Economic Development Initiative in Northern Ontario (FedNor) - is a federal regional development organization in Ontario that works with a variety of partners, as both a facilitator and catalyst, to help create an environment in which communities can thrive, businesses can grow and people can prosper.
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) - works to strengthen western innovation, business development, and community economic development.
Business information for SMEs
- Canada Business - provides businesses with the resources they need to grow and prosper, including a wide range of information on government services, programs and regulations.
Canadian business databases
- Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC) - helps Canadian companies export goods and services by identifying Canadian firms to foreign governments and international agencies looking for specific goods or services.
- Export Development Canada (EDC) - is Canada’s export credit agency, offering innovative financing, insurance and risk management solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business.
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) - is a financial institution wholly owned by the Government of Canada. BDC plays a leadership role in delivering financial, investment and consulting services to Canadian small business, with a particular focus on the technology and export sectors of the economy.
- Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) - is a federal government organization that offers client-centred, comprehensive standards development and conformity assessment services in support of the economic, regulatory, procurement, health, safety and environmental interests of our stakeholders — government, industry and consumers.
- Standards Council of Canada (SCC) - facilitates the development and use of national and international standards and accreditation services to enhance Canada's competitiveness and social well-being.