3.75.5. Public Works and Government Services Canada online tools/services and Procurement Assistance Canada’s role
Procurement Assistance Canada (PAC) offers the following demonstrations of online tools to individuals and groups:
- The Government Electronic Tendering Service (GETS) is where the Government of Canada posts bid solicitations (or tenders) and allows suppliers to search for bid opportunities on line. GETS, on Buyandsell.gc.ca, is the central access point for federal government procurement information based on the principles of Open Data. Buyandsell.gc.ca makes it easier to find procurement information by enabling the simultaneous searching of multiple datasets. Government procurement professionals can find more information at the Tender Management Application minisite.
- Supplier Registration Information (SRI) service: Directory of suppliers who want to do business with the federal government. This database is accessible to all federal government buyers and administrative authorities. It is important that suppliers register with SRI as this database is the start of the contracting process.
- Use Contacts for GSIN Codes to find contact information for the division responsible for the procurement of your good or service. This service connects every active Goods and Services Identification Number (GSIN) code to a PWGSC contact with exception of IT infrastructure services related to email, data centres and telecommunications. The responsibility for the contracting of these commodities is with Shared Services Canada. For more information, visit the Contacts for GSIN Codes page.
- The SOSA App is a secure, web-based application that allows federal government users and authorized provincial and territorial identified users to use and view federal standing offers and supply arrangements in one location. The SOSA App also improves searching and viewing agreements for all users, as well as enabling federal buyers to manage their own agreements. For more information visit the About the Standing Offers and Supply Arrangement Application (SOSA App) page.
- Procurement opportunities from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) are available on Buyandsell.gc.ca. Canadian businesses can find the NSPA opportunities easily through the search function. Businesses can also subscribe to the Email Notification Services (ENS) to be notified of a new opportunity from the NSPA. To find out more about NSPA opportunities, visit the Tenders from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) page.
- Contract History Letter: a letter that a supplier may use as a reference when bidding on work. The letter lists the contracts that have been awarded to a business by Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). This is a useful service if a supplier requires proof of having done business with the Government of Canada, for example if a supplier wants to bid on international opportunities. For more information, visit the Request your own Supplier Contract History Letter page.