All Risk Property Insurance

Attention! We’ve Moved! The Supply Manual has moved to the CanadaBuys website. Check out the new landing page for the Supply Manual.

Item Information

Revision History

Date Status ID Title
2018-06-21 Active G3001C All Risk Property Insurance (2018-06-21) G3001C
2008-05-12 Superseded G3001C ARCHIVED: All Risk Property Insurance (2008-05-12) G3001C

Remarks – Recommended Use of SACC Item

Use the following clause in all contracts where the contractor has care, custody or control of government property other than for maintenance, repair or storage. For maintenance and repair, use clause G2050C; for storage facilities, use clause G2052C; for money and securities, use clause G3005C; and while the property is in transit, use clause G3010C.

All Risks Property insurance is required to cover loss or damage to government property.

The value and basis of valuation of government property must be filled in the clause. The basis of valuation of this property should be established with the client and mentioned in the contractor's insurance policy. Contracting officers must insert one of the options provided in the second blank of paragraph 1.

The values are to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. For further assistance, contact PWGSC Risk Management Advisory Services, at:

Legal text for SACC item

The Contractor must obtain All Risks Property insurance while the Government Property is under its care, custody or control, and maintain it in force throughout the duration of the Contract, in an amount of not less than $ ______ . The Government's Property must be insured on _________ basis. (Contracting officers must insert one of the following basis of valuation: "Replacement Cost (new)"; "Actual Cash Value (depreciated cost)" or "Agreed Value (appraisal)")

  1. Administration of Claims: The Contractor must notify Canada promptly about any losses or damages to Government Property and monitor, investigate and document losses of or damage to ensure that claims are properly made and paid.
  2. The All Risks Property insurance policy must include the following:
    1. Notice of Cancellation: The Contractor will provide the Contracting Authority at least thirty (30) days prior written notice of policy cancellation or any changes to the insurance policy.
    2. Loss Payee: Canada as its interest may appear or as it may direct.
    3. Waiver of Subrogation Rights: Contractor's Insurer to waive all rights of subrogation against Canada as represented by ____________ (insert department) and Public Works and Government Services Canada for any and all loss of or damage to the property however caused.