Legal text for SACC item
4012 01 (2012-07-16) Condition of Material
Unless provided otherwise in the Contract, material supplied must be new and conform to the latest issue of the applicable drawing, specifications and part number that is in effect on the bid closing date or, if there was no bid solicitation, the date of the Contract.
4012 02 (2012-07-16) Shipment Documentation
For the shipment of goods, the transportation bill of lading must accompany the original invoice, except for "collect" shipments (if and when stipulated), in which event it must accompany the shipment. In addition, a packing slip must accompany each shipment, showing item, quantity, part or reference numbers, description of the goods and contract number, including the CRN and PBN. If the goods have been inspected at the Contractor's plant, the signed inspection voucher must be attached to the packing slip normally enclosed in the packing note envelope.
4012 03 (2012-07-16) Warranty
- Despite inspection and acceptance of the Work by or on behalf of Canada and without restricting any other provision of the Contract or any condition, warranty or provision imposed by law, the Contractor warrants that, for twelve (12) months (or any other period stated in the Contract), the Work will be free from all defects in design, material or workmanship, and will conform to the requirements of the Contract. The warranty period begins on the date of delivery, or if acceptance takes place at a later date, the date of acceptance. With respect to Government Property not supplied by the Contractor, the Contractor's warranty will extend only to its proper incorporation into the Work.
- In the event of a defect or non-conformance in any part of the Work during the warranty period, the Contractor, at the request of Canada to do so, must as soon as possible repair, replace or otherwise make good at its own option and expense the part of the Work found to be defective or not in conformance with the requirements of the Contract.
- The Work or any part of the Work found to be defective or non-conforming will be returned to the Contractor's plant for replacement, repair or making good. However, when in the opinion of Canada it is not expedient to remove the Work from its location, the Contractor must carry out any necessary repair or making good of the Work at that location. In such cases, the Contractor will be paid the fair and reasonable Cost (including reasonable travel and living expenses) incurred in so doing, with no allowance for profit, less an amount equal to the Cost of rectifying the defect or non-conformance at the Contractor's plant.
- Canada must pay the transportation cost associated with returning the Work or any part of the Work to the Contractor's plant pursuant to subsection 3. The Contractor must pay the transportation cost associated with forwarding the replacement or returning the Work or part of the Work when rectified to the delivery point specified in the Contract or to another location directed by Canada.
- The Contractor must remedy all data and reports pertaining to any correction or replacement under this section, including revisions and updating of all affected data, manuals, publications, software and drawings called for under the Contract, at no cost to Canada.
- If the Contractor fails to fulfill any obligation described in this section within a reasonable time of receiving a notice, Canada will have the right to remedy or to have remedied the defective or non-conforming work at the Contractor's expense. If Canada does not wish to correct or replace the defective or non-conforming work, an equitable reduction will be made in the Contract Price.
- The warranty period is automatically extended by the duration of any period or periods where the Work is unavailable for use or cannot be used because of a defect or non-conformance during the original warranty period. The warranty applies to any part of the Work repaired, replaced or otherwise made good pursuant to subsection 2, for the greater of:
- the warranty period remaining, including the extension, or
- ninety (90) days or such other period as may be specified for that purpose by agreement between the Parties.