Standing Offers and Supply Arrangements (SOSA) is open data about active standing offers and supply arrangements for goods and/or services held by pre-qualified suppliers. Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) issues standing offers and supply arrangements on behalf of all federal departments and agencies. Visit the following Web pages to read more about standing offers and supply arrangements.
Registered and potential suppliers can use this data to:
- identify current standing offers and supply arrangements in their industry
- identify the end user benefiting from the standing offer or supply arrangement
- identify partners to pursue federal government opportunities
- help with their business planning
Not registered as a supplier? Visit the Register as a Supplier Web page to learn how to register and obtain a Procurement Business Number (PBN).
Data Fields and Definitions
The following is a definition list of the data fields used in SOSA. The Procurement Data Dictionary is also available as an XML open data format for download at Standing Offers and Supply Arrangements on the Government of Canada's website data.gc.ca.
For definitions of other procurement-related terminology, please consult the Buyandsell.gc.ca Glossary.
- Agreement Number
- The standing offer or supply arrangement number. It is a unique identifier for each standing offer or supply arrangement.
- Agreement Type
- The type of agreement, either a supply arrangement or one of the following standing offer types: National Master Standing Offer (NMSO), Departmental Individual Standing Offer (DISO), Regional Individual Standing Offer (RISO), Regional Master Standing Offer (RMSO), and National Individual Standing Offer (NISO).
- Date file published
- The date and time when the file was published.
- A brief description of the good or service, for example: "Armoured transportation services".
- Expiry Date
- The expiry date of a standing offer or supply arrangement.
- End User
- The end user identifies the entity (e.g. client department, agency, Crown corporation) on whose behalf the standing offer or supply arrangement has been put in place.
- GSIN Code
- Code used by the federal government to identify generic product descriptions for its procurement activities.
- GSIN Description
- The description of the good or service that corresponds to the Goods and Services Identification Number (GSIN).
- Region of Delivery Code
- A geographic code used to identify Canadian provinces and territories as defined in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 3166-2. Please note that the following three codes are not found in the ISO 3166-2:
- National - Canada
- National Capital - Canada
- Region of Delivery
- The geographic coverage of the standing offer or supply arrangement, which may be subject to certain delivery terms and conditions specified in the agreement, such as sub-regional delivery points, and Comprehensive Land Claim Agreements (CLCA).
- Start Date
- The start date for the standing offer or supply arrangement.
- Supplier Legal Name
- Legal registered name of a business entity that is also a supplier to the Government of Canada.
- Supplier Operating Name
- Name(s) a business entity normally uses when conducting business as a supplier to the Government of Canada.
- Supplier Standardized Name
- A supplier name used to simplify search results by grouping together closely related suppliers that conduct business using different operating or legal names. The resulting search records will contain the suppliers’ legal and operating names.
SOSA data carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. These may include, but are not limited to items such as solicitation documents, charts, tables, diagrams, Design Specification Packages (DSP). Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.
Files for Download
View and download open data files for Standing Offers and Supply Arrangements on the Government of Canada's website data.gc.ca.
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
Description of Data
Information about active standing offers and supply arrangements for goods and/or services held by pre-qualified suppliers, excluding those related to construction services (GSIN 51).
Source of Data
The Standing Offers and Supply Arrangements Application (SOSA App), a secure, web based application used by federal government users and authenticated provincial and territorial users.
CSV/Text file (comma separated values file)