National Procurement Strategy to Address Wrecked, Abandoned or Hazardous Vessels

New! CanadaBuys is the new official source for Government of Canada tender and award notices. This means you can now search for and bid on tender opportunities posted on CanadaBuys.

Suppliers register in SAP Ariba today!

Register now to ensure you transition to doing business with the new Government of Canada procurement service. Find out how to get started.

In July 2019, the Wrecked, Abandoned or Hazardous Vessels Act came into force to promote the protection of the public, of the environment (including coastlines and shorelines) and of infrastructure by, among other things:

  • regulating wrecks and vessels posing hazards
  • prohibiting vessel abandonment
  • recognizing the responsibility and liability of owners for their vessels

Under the National Procurement Strategy to Address Wrecked, Abandoned or Hazardous Vessels, Canada will set up supply arrangements and/or standing offers with qualified suppliers for services that could be required by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans – the Canadian Coast Guard and Transport Canada related to the Wrecked, abandoned or hazardous vessels project.

These procurement tools will streamline processes to solicit bids and award contracts and create flexibility for Industry and Canada alike in managing ongoing requirements.

Related tender notices

Requests for Information (RFI) related to the Wrecked, Abandoned and Hazardous Vessels program:

Request For Supply Arrangement (RFSA):

Related Links

Links to Oceans Protection Plan:

Documents and Information for suppliers


Information sessions for Indigenous businesses: Opportunities related to the recycling and disposal of wrecked, abandoned or hazardous watercraft in Canada

Get help with procurement

Please direct any questions about a specific tender opportunity to the contracting authority identified in the tender solicitation documents.

If you need help understanding the federal procurement process or registering as a supplier, please contact the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises.