Request for Information (RFI) on Upcoming Requirements on Circularity and Durability of Goods in Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) Procurements (EN578-190006)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2020/02/14 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Letter of Interest (LOI)/Request for Information (RFI)
- N4110: Refrigeration Equipment
- N4120: Air Conditioning Equipment
- N4130: Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Components
- N4140: Fans, Air Circulators and Blower Equipment
- N2805: Gasoline Reciprocating Engines (Except Aircraft) and Components
- N3910: Conveyors
- N3920: Materials Handling Equipment/NonSelf -Propelled
- N3930: Warehouse Trucks and Tractors, Self-Propelled
- N4150: Vortex Tubes and Other Related Cooling Tubes
- N4310: Compressors and Vacuum Pumps
- N4320: Power and Hand Pumps
- N4330: Centrifugals, Separators, and Pressure and Vacuum Filters
- N6515: Medical and Surgical Instruments, Equipment and Supplies
- N6520: Dental Instruments, Equipment, and Supplies
- N6525: Imaging Equipment and Supplies: Medical, Dental, Veterinary
- N6530: Hospital Furniture, Equipment, Utensils and Supplies
- N7010: Automatic Data Processing Equipment, System Configuration
- N7020: ADP Central Processing Unit (CPU, Computer) Analog
- N7105: Household Furniture
- N7110: Office Furniture
- N7125: Cabinets, Lockers, Bins and Shelving
- N7195: Miscellaneous Furniture and Fixtures
- N3510: Laundry and Dry Cleaning Equipment
- N3520: Shoe Repairing Equipment
- N3530: Industrial Sewing Machines and Mobile Textile Repair Shops
- N3540: Wrapping and Packaging Machinery
- N3445: Punching and Shearing Machines
- N3450: Machine Tools, Portable
- N3590: Service and Trade Equipment, Miscellaneous
- N4140A: Axial Fans (Industrial)
- N6210: Indoor and Outdoor Electric Lighting Fixtures
- N6240: Electric Lamps
- N6250: Ballasts, Lampholders, and Starters
- N7210: Household Furnishings
- N7290: Household and Commercial Furnishings and Appliances, Miscellaneous
- N7310: Food, Cooking, Baking and Serving Equipment
- WR3510: LAUNDRY AND DRY CLEANING EQUIPMENT - RENTAL
- WR4910: MOTOR VEHICLE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR SHOP SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT - RENTAL
- WR4930: LUBRICATION AND FUEL DISPENSING EQUIPMENT - RENTAL
- E199A: Waste Recycling Services
- E199D: Environmental Services
- E199H: Environmental Professional Consulting Services - Real Property Related
- E199AC: Non-Hazardous Waste Recycling - Real Property
- E110A: Environmental Site Investigation
- J019A: Maintenance, Repair, Modification, Rebuilding & Installation of Equipment related to Ships
- Trade agreement
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- End user entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Contact name
- Champoux, Annick
- Contact email
- Contact address
140 O'Connor street Ottawa ON K1A 0R3 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
Important: the closing date for the Request for Information (RFI) has been extended until 2 p.m. Friday, February 14, 2020.
The Government of Canada is committed to being a global leader in reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, waste and pollution. Over the years, Canada has committed to numerous sustainability and environmental goals. Recent international examples include the Ocean Plastics Charter and the first universal and legally binding global climate deal: The Paris Agreement. Domestic examples include the Pan Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change and the Canada-wide Strategy for Zero Plastic Waste.
To lead by example, the Government of Canada has also made a number of environmental commitments relating to government operations through the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy, the Greening Government Strategy and the Government of Canada Actions on plastic waste in federal operations.
Federal, provincial and territorial governments are working together through the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment (CCME) to move Canada towards a circular economy, starting with plastics. The Government of Canada’s vision is a zero plastic waste future where plastics stay in the economy and out of landfills and the environment.
The Government of Canada is exploring options to develop standard language related to the circularity and durability of goods in applicable Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) procurement instruments. Accessibility, health, national safety and security needs will be taken into consideration in the development of this standard language.
Through this Request for Information (RFI), PSPC and its partner departments are informing stakeholders, including industry and suppliers, of the Government of Canada’s intention to adopt requirements for durability, circularity and life extension strategies in its procurement.
Requirements that could be integrated into procurement to promote circularity and durability of products include but are not limited to:
Improved reuse or recyclability
Use of recycled content
Remanufactured and refurbished products
As such, PSPC is seeking to understand suppliers’ readiness to comply with these requirements, as well as the potential challenges that these requirements may introduce in the procurement process.
Therefore this is a call for all suppliers, industry representatives, non-for-profit organizations or environmental groups related to product circularity and durability! Do you have experience in waste reduction, circular procurement, or ideas on how to improve circularity and durability of goods? Submit your feedback and suggestions today!
This is not a bid solicitation. This RFI will not result in the award of any contract. Responding to this RFI will not preclude respondents from participating in any future procurement. This RFI is simply intended to solicit feedback from industry with respect to the matters described in this RFI.
The Government of Canada will not reimburse any respondent for expenses incurred in responding to this RFI.
The Government of Canada want to thank you in advance for your participation!
Feedback to the RFI is to be submitted electronically (by email) to:
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.