Smart Building Monitoring and On-going Commissioning - Maritime Provinces (18-58046)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2019/11/15 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Nova Scotia
- Region of delivery
- Nova Scotia
- Notice type
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Trade agreement
- Canada-Chile Free Trade Agreement (CCFTA)
- Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement
- Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement (CKFTA)
- Canada-Honduras Free Trade Agreement
- Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- National Research Council Canada
- End user entity
- National Research Council Canada
- Contact name
- Long, Collin
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact fax
- Contact address
1200 Montreal Rd. Ottawa ON K1A 0R6 CA
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
Department of National Defence (DND) is evaluating ways to improve its building operations and increase energy efficiency throughout its portfolio of properties by implementing Smart Building technologies. The buildings under study are unique special purpose military building located at secure Bases in the Halifax, Nova Scotia and Gagetown/Oromocto, New Brunswick geographic areas.
National Research Council Canada (NRC) has been contracted by DND to conduct a study through the selection and deployment of Smart Building technologies in target buildings. The purpose is to determine the costs, benefits, and challenges of implementing such technologies in a broader set of DND buildings.
Improved Smart Building technologies have been developed during the past year that have the potential to provide more efficient and reliable services to DND. The purpose of this request for proposal (RFP) is to test these new technologies.
Two types of Smart Building technologies are required by this RFP:
- Smart Building Energy Management Systems (Smart BEMSs): These buildings typically have a full Building Automation System (BAS), but the buildings chosen for this project are not necessarily BACnet compatible, nor are the components necessarily BACnet compatible. The solution includes the design, supply and installation of a Turnkey Smart BEMS by the Bidder that includes fault detection and diagnostics. Smart BEMS systems make use or most, if not all, data points from the BAS and energy meters.
- BEMS-Ultralite: These buildings typically do not have a comprehensive BAS. These solutions test energy performance using anomaly detection methods (not fault detection) and remote auditing technologies. These systems collect and utilize energy meter data only.
Refer to the List of Potential Buildings provided within the RFP.
NRC on behalf of DND seeks an experienced Contractor for the purpose of providing Smart Building related hardware and services for multiple buildings owned and operated by DND in order to assess improvements in energy and operational efficiencies associated with Smart Building technologies.
For ease of reference, each firm responding to this RFP is referred to as the “Bidder” and the vendor selected to provide services for DND is referred to as the “Contractor”.
Where the Bidder’s solution differs between buildings requiring Smart BEMS and BEMS-Ultralite for any of the requirements in this RFP, the Bidder must clearly explain the differences. Unless noted otherwise, the following requirements apply to both Smart BEMSs & BEMS-Ultralite Buildings.
The bidder must submit one (1) original submission, one (1) electronic submission and five (5) hard-copies. The original submission and all hardcopies must be compiled in a 3-ring binder.
The Bidder’s submission must be organized with a title page, index, sections, and same numbering scheme and titles as the sections provided in the Statement of Requirements (SoRs) below. Each section of the Bidders submission must address the requirements outlined in the corresponding section of the SoR.
All pages must be 11pt Calibri font with 1” margins throughout.
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.