ADVANCE PROCUREMENT NOTICE THREAT RISK ASSESSMENT AND SECURITY DESIGN BRIEF CONSULTANT SERVICES ACROSS THE COUNTRY (NR17TRA1_APN)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2018/03/21 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Canada, Mexico, United States
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Notice of Proposed Procurement (NPP)
- Trade agreement
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Defence Construction Canada
- End user entity
- Defence Construction Canada
- Contact name
- Demers, Julie
- Contact email
- Contact phone
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
Advance Procurement Notice
Threat Risk Assessment and Security Design Brief Consultant Services
across the country
(with Security Requirements)
Purpose of this Advance Procurement Notice
This is not a bid solicitation. This is an advance notice of a potential program with anticipated security requirements to provide interested consultants an opportunity to apply for security clearances. Note that there is no guarantee that this program will proceed.
Description of the Program
Directorate of Real Property Project Development (DRPPD) is seeking third-party support to determine physical security safeguards that need to be incorporated into the design of new and/or renovations of facilities.
Description of the Services
Threat Risk Assessment (TRA) services may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The identification and categorization of relevant assets, including IT assets, according to their confidentiality, integrity and availability values based upon the injuries that may reasonably be expected in the event of compromise;
- The identification of deliberate threats, accidents and natural hazards that might affect these assets adversely with an analysis of the likelihood of occurrence and gravity of impact;
- The assessments of current vulnerabilities, based on an evaluation of existing or proposed security measures and their adequacy;
- Analysis of residual risks for each asset which is vulnerable to specific threat; and
- The recommendation of additional safeguard to achieve a target risk levels with an assessment of their effectiveness and cost.
Security Design Brief (SDB) services may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze existing technical, planning and administrative documents as well as security history to effectively recommend the appropriate security measures for new facilities;
- Provide direction for security in the new building to effectively recommend appropriate security procedures for the new facilities that align with the unit’s resources and standard DND practice;
- Recommend enhanced safeguard that suit the unit’s needs as justified by the threats identified in the TRA; and
- Recommend the appropriate design, layout and security features including entry control points to the facility.
Security Guidance services may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviews of construction drawings and specifications for conformance and compliance with the recommendations from a Security Design Brief;
- Provide advice to DND on technical solutions or to evaluate alternate security safeguards or mitigation measures to determine their effectiveness;
- Provide cost consulting support as they relate to infrastructure security risk mitigations requirements.
Consultants will be required to hold a valid FACILITY SECURITY CLEARANCE (FSC) at the level of SECRET with approved DOCUMENT SAFEGUARDING at the level of SECRET, issued or approved by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate (CISD), Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC).
Sub-consultants will be required to hold a FACILITY SECURITY CLEARANCE (FSC) at the level of SECRET, issued or approved by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate (CISD), Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC).
Overall program value is estimated to be in the order of $5,000,000.00 over the next three (3), years with the majority of projects to be between $60,000 to $100,000.
It is anticipated that these procurements, associated with this program, will be initiated in the Fall of 2018. This is conditional on the project receiving approval to proceed by the DND.
Consultants that do not meet the stipulated security requirements and that are interested in submitting to future possible procurements that fall under this program can apply for the security clearance through the Industrial Security Program (ISP). This can be done by following the procedure on DCC’s website at the following link: http://www.dcc-cdc.gc.ca/english/contractors_consultants.html. Consultants are asked to submit their request prior to March 21, 2018 quoting the following information:
- Contract number NR17TRA1; and
- Level of clearance requested to be sponsored for.
Any questions pertaining to the sponsoring process through the ISP can be addressed to:
Telephone Number: (613) 998-8974; or
Email address: ISP.Sponsorship@dcc-cdc.gc.ca
Any questions relating to the Threat Risk Assessment Program can be addressed to:
Team Leader, Contract Services
Defence Construction Canada
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.