Space Weather Socioeconomic Impact Study on Canadian Infrastructure (9F045-17-0348)
- Publishing status
- Days to closing
- 2 weeks 6 days hence
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2017/10/10 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Invitation to Tender (ITT)
- Trade agreement
- Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Canadian Space Agency
- End user entity
- Canadian Space Agency
- Contact name
- Doray, Isabelle
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
6767, Route de l'Aeroport St-Hubert QC J3Y 8Y9 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
A ‘’Canadian business’’ means any commercial or industrial business located and operating in Canada that is incorporated, registered or recognized as such in accordance with applicable Federal or Provincial laws, that owns assets in Canada and which carries its commercial or industrial activities in Canada. This includes industrial research institutes jointly operated by a group of such Canadian businesses. A ‘’Canadian business’’ means an entity part of the Canadian Industry.
With this Request for Proposals (RFP), the Canadian Space Agency’s (CSA) plans to study aspects of Space Weather Socio-Economic impacts in Canada and to compare with best practices internationally. The detailed analyses will be used to support the development of a comprehensive Canadian Space Weather program.
The activity has the following general objectives:
- Assess and quantify the socio-economic impact of various threats from space such that CSA and its partners can identify short-term and long term priorities.
- Identify priority areas for future technology roadmaps.
- Organize workshops where stakeholders (Canadian government, industry and Academia) gather and exchange on the findings
More specifically, the study has the following objectives:
- Assess current efforts to detect, warn and mitigate space weather events on Canada’s infrastructure.
- Assess the current resilience of Canadian critical infrastructure to different levels of space weather disturbances
- Evaluate the cost of space weather as reliance on technology increases
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.