Enhancing Canada’s armoured vehicles (EN578-DB1702/A)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2017/08/28 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- AA415500: Fisheries (R&D)
- AT419628: Road Vehicle Safety (Research)
- AT619624: Road Vehicle Regulations (Research)
- AS419584: Marine Vessel Propulsion (Research)
- AA415504: Aquaculture (R&D)
- AA910300: Agriculture (R&D)
- AC217760: Missile Technology (R&D)
- AC517728: Conventional Military Weapons/Equipment (R&D)
- AD917700: Military (R&D)
- AC517748: Military Target Ranges/Systems (R&D)
- AC617768: Radar Defence Systems (R&D)
- AD917712: Biological Defence Technology (R&D)
- AD917716: Camouflage (R&D)
- AD917720: Chemical Defence Technology (R&D)
- AD917724: Combat Stress Effects (R&D)
- AG214562: Ethanol Fuel Technology (R&D)
- AG914558: Energy Efficiency Technology (R&D)
- AG914538: Cogeneration Technology (R&D)
- AG914510: Boiler Technology (R&D)
- AG414668: Wind Energy Systems (R&D)
- AG214600: Liquefied Natural Gas Fuel Technology (R&D)
- AG214542: Compressed Natural Gas Fuel Technology (R&D)
- AH115032: Environmental Assessment (R&D)
- AH910222: Environmental Impact Study (R&D)
- AH215000: Environmental Sciences: Air, Water Pollution and other (R&D)
- AG214566: Gas Pipeline Technology (R&D)
- Trade agreement
- Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT)
- Tendering procedure
- Solely Canadian content
- Procurement entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- End user entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Contact name
- Huda Dahir
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
11 Laurier Street Gatineau QC K1A 0S5 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
*** Please note the closing date for this Challenge has been extended to August 28, 2017 at 2:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). ***
This Challenge is issued under the BCIP Challenge Call for Proposals (EN578-DB1700/A).
Please refer to the Solicitation Documents.
Challenge Name: Enhancing Canada’s armoured vehicles
Challenge Notice: EN578-DB1702
Priority Area: Military Component
Maximum Contract Value: $1,000,000
Challenge Sponsor: Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC)
Transparent armour is an inherent part of many armoured vehicle fleets, be it tactical, logistic or engineering fleets. Transparent armour is the portion of a vehicle’s armour system with the lowest efficiency in terms of mass per meter square, when compared to its opaque counterparts.
The purpose of this challenge is to identify and evaluate vehicular transparent armour systems (the “Innovation”) for large window areas, e.g. 40 x 60 cm, that are lighter in weight, thinner, and possess increased durability when compared to current commercially available glass-based systems.
Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) is Canada’s leader in defence and security science and technology. DRDC provides Canada’s military and national security groups with the knowledge and technological advantage to defend and protect Canada’s interests at home and abroad.
Bidder teleconference for this Challenge: Bidders are encouraged to check the events website for the date, time, and language profile of the event. It is recommended that bidders who intend to submit a proposal participate.
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.