Special Ballot Voting Enhancement (ECRS-RFI-16-0395)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2017/02/20 14:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Letter of Interest (LOI)/Request for Information (RFI)
- D317E: Information Products
- U009B: Computer Assisted Learning
- D302AAP: Informatics Professional and Consulting Services, Software Development and Implementation
- D307A: Systems Integration of Informatics Commodities and Services
- T013BZ: Visual Information System
- B303A: Systems and Statistical Analysis
- B329A: Business Services / Modelling and Analysis
- R199B: Miscellaneous Business Services
- N7030: ADP Software
- U008C: Training Design
- D302A: Informatics Professional Services
- U008P: End-to-End Learning Services (Excludes COTS Training)
- D302AAH: Informatics Professional and Consulting Services - Maintenance Operations, Support
- R019E: Business Services
- D307AB: Informatics Systems Integration
- N7030100: Software Suppliers, Application, Business, Personnel Management, EDP
- N7030425: COMPUTER SOFTWARE, MATERIEL MANAGEMENT, INVENTORY CONTROL - OTHER THAN MICROCOMPUTERS
- N7030535: COMPUTER SOFTWARE, HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT, PERSONNEL, ETC. - OTHER THAN MICROCOMPUTERS
- D302AAR: Informatics Professional and Consulting Services, Systems Management, Project Management, EDP Management Consulting
- U009E: Informatics Training
- D317EB: Web-Based Training
- N7610D: BOOKS (PRINTING PRODUCTS PUBLICATIONS)
- N7610: Books and Pamphlets
- N7025095: PRINTERS PAGE COLOUR
- N7025090: PRINTERS, BAR CODE
- N6740J: CONTACT PRINTER (FILM AND PAPER)
- N6730402: READER/PRINTERS, MICROFILM, ROLL, CARTRIDGE/CASSETTE
- N6740Q: ANALYSERS, COLOUR PRINTING PHOTOGRAPHIC
- N6740EE: PRINTERS, PROJECTION, PHOTOGRAPHIC (ENLARGERS) AND GRAPHIC ARTS, AUTOMATIC MACHINE PRINTING (ACCEPTS ROLL PAPER)
- N6740E: PRINTERS, PROJECTION PHOTOGRAPHIC
- N6730403: READER/PRINTERS, APERTURE CARD
- N6695E: PRINTER-PLOTTERS, X-Y AND MULTICHANNEL TYPES
- N6675LN: PRINTER, TRANSFORMING, PHOTOGRAMMETRIC
- N5815028: Facsimile Equipment, Special Purpose/Design (Weather, Finger Printing)
- N5815010: Teleprinter Equipment
- N3670: Specialized Semiconductor, Micro-Circuit and Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing Machinery
- N3610C: Printing Equipment
- N3610: Printing, Duplicating and Bookbinding Equipment
- JX7025AJ: Printers, Page, Laser - Maintenance
- JX3610: Printing, Duplicating and Bookbinding Equipment - Repair and Overhaul
- Trade agreement
- Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT)
- Canada-Chile Free Trade Agreement (CCFTA)
- Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement
- Canada-Peru Free Trade Agreement (CPFTA)
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- World Trade Organization-Agreement on Government Procurement (WTO-AGP)
- Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement
- Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement (CKFTA)
- Canada-Honduras Free Trade Agreement
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Elections Canada
- End user entity
- Elections Canada
- Contact name
- Lagacé, Chantal
- Contact phone
- Contact address
30 Victoria Street Gatineau QC K1A 0M6 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada (“CEOC”), an agent of Parliament, exercises general direction and supervision over the conduct of federal elections, by-elections and referendums. The CEOC heads the Office of the Chief Electoral Officer, commonly known as Elections Canada.
The 42nd general election was successfully delivered in much the same manner as elections for the past century. Embracing the spirit of continuous improvement and innovation, Elections Canada seeks opportunities to improve service to Canadian electors. To this end, Elections Canada has created the Voting Services Modernization (VSM) project to improve voting services. The launching of this project is contingent upon amendments to the Canada Elections Act. The scope of the project includes streamlining processes and leveraging technology that could be employed when an elector seeks to cast their vote.
VSM is considering the following areas of focus:
(a) The “In-Person” voting experience at Polling Stations
(b) The voting experience for absentee voters under Special Voting Rules (SVR) legislation
(c) Future voting technologies
Elections Canada, in order to enhance the voting experience for absentee voters under Special Voting Rules (SVR), is exploring solutions for the design and development of electronic ballot delivery for absentee voters. The Chief Electoral Officer tabled a recommendation report in September 2016 proposing to allow for electronic ballot delivery. As previously stated, this would require amending the Canada Elections Act. Therefore, as a preliminary fact-finding activity, Elections Canada is interested in obtaining information regarding the technology, procedures, instructions and processes suppliers have to offer for the electronic delivery of absentee ballots.
VSM is an appropriate response to a changing world. With technology changing our daily lives and expectations, there is an opportunity to improve the election experience for all stakeholders.
Elections Canada is seeking feedback from suppliers on solutions to potentially implement an electronic ballot delivery solution for absentee voters.
Elections Canada is issuing this RFI to:
- Provide an equal opportunity for suppliers that may be interested in supplier engagement with Elections Canada;
- Validate solution concepts that could assist Elections Canada in further defining requirements;
- Determine whether to proceed with requirements/strategy, and if approved, develop planning, and solicitation documents;
- Refine the procurement strategy, project structure, timelines, requirements definition, and other aspects of the requirement; and
- Become a more "informed buyer" with an enhanced understanding of supplier goods and service offerings.
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.