Canadian Safety and Security Program (CSSP) Call for Proposals (CFP) 2016 (W7714-166132/C)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2016/06/13 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Trade agreement
- Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT)
- Tendering procedure
- Solely Canadian content
- Procurement entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- End user entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Contact name
- Palmer, Heather
- Contact phone
- Contact address
email@example.com 11 Laurier Street Gatineau QC K1A 0S5 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender Notice feed
- Get notifications for this search result using a web feed: or
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
Established in 2012, the Canadian Safety and Security Program (CSSP) is a federally-funded program that enhances Canada's public safety and security through investments in science and technology (S&T). More specifically, the CSSP strengthens Canada’s ability to anticipate, prevent, mitigate, prepare for, respond to and recover from natural disasters, serious accidents, crime and terrorism through the convergence of S&T with policy, operations and intelligence.
Further information on the CSSP can be found at the following website: http://www.science.gc.ca/cssp.
Valid security clearances may be required to execute a project described in a proposal from the finalized pool of pre-qualified proposals for CSSP funding. The Lead Government Department and project team members will determine the level of security required for the project and will be responsible for managing the acquisition of any necessary security clearances.
The requirement is subject to the provisions of the Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT).
The requirement is limited to Canadian goods and/or services.
MANDATORY AND POINT RATED EVALUATION CRITERIA:
The mandatory and point rated evaluation criteria are included in Annex B of the CFP Bidder’s Guidebook for 2016.
Proposals that satisfy all of the mandatory criteria, achieve the minimum point-rated evaluation score overall and in each criterion (where applicable), and meet all other requirements of the CFP will be considered responsive and submitted to the Proposal Selection Committee. This is not a guarantee that a responsive proposal will be selected for funding or that a contract will be awarded.
All responsive proposals will be considered for CSSP funding in accordance with the selection process summarized as follows:
- Proposal Selection Committee (PSC): The PSC is chaired by the Deputy Director General of DRDC CSS and is composed of representatives from DRDC CSS, Public Safety Canada, and as needed, other government department SMEs. The PWGSC Contracting Authority will also participate in the PSC in an observational capacity. The PSC considers the evaluation results of the proposals and examines the distribution of investment across multiple parameters, such as: program priorities, number of investments across priorities, previous years’ investments and the strength of individual proposals, changes to Government of Canada priorities, similar S&T initiatives being funded by DRDC’s partners, project types and technology readiness levels. This results in the creation of a prioritized pool of pre-qualified proposals to receive CSSP funding for endorsement by the Steering Committee.
- Steering Committee (SC) - The SC is co-chaired by the Department of National Defence Assistant Deputy Minister (S&T) (DND ADM(S&T)) and the Public Safety Canada ADM of the Emergency Management and Programs Branch (EMPB). The SC will review and endorse the prioritized pool of pre-qualified of proposals recommended for funding by the PSC. The SC will consider the same factors as the PSC. The output is a final pool of pre-qualified proposals for approval by DND ADM(S&T).
The CSSP CFP Bidder's Guidebook for 2016 is available as an electronic attachment below.
All enquiries must be submitted in writing to the Contracting Authority no later than ten (10) calendar days before the bid closing date.
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.