Airport Drone Mitigation, Integration and Response Experiments (W7714-217891)
Tender Notice - Advance Contract Award Notice (ACAN)
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2021/05/17 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Region of delivery
- National Capital Region
- End user entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Procurement entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Region of opportunity
- Tendering procedure
- Conditional Canadian content
- Trade agreement
- Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
Nature of Requirements
- Advance Contract Award Notice (ACAN)
An ACAN is a public notice indicating to the supplier community that a department or agency intends to award a contract for goods, services or construction to a pre-identified supplier, thereby allowing other suppliers to signal their interest in bidding, by submitting a statement of capabilities. If no supplier submits a statement of capabilities that meets the requirements set out in the ACAN, on or before the closing date stated in the ACAN, the contracting officer may then proceed with the award to the pre-identified supplier.
2. Definition of the requirement
The Defence Research and Development Canada Centre for Security Science (DRDC CSS) has a requirement for professional services to help establish clear Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) that can be used by agencies/entities tasked with mitigating a drone incursion at an airport. To this end, the Airport Drone Mitigation, Integration, and Response Experiments (ADMIRE) project will be conducted. ADMIRE will include a Table Top Exercise (TTX 1) to establish project/exercise requirements, an initial exercise (Exercise 1) at a location to be determined simulating the airport environment, a second TTX 2 to refine operational procedures and requirements, and a final Exercise 2 at Ottawa International Airport. The project will include an Situational Awareness (SA) system set up in an operations centre and connected to sensors with which it has been previously been integrated (eg. Echodyne radar) to provide a 3D SA display for the use of commanders. Stakeholder involvement will include various security and Law Enforcement (LE) forces, airport operational staff, and manned and unmanned aircraft pilots. It is intended that the SA system be provided as is for Exercise 1, and be developed based on requirements analysis at Exercise 1 and the two TTXs for full functionality at Exercise 2.
3. Criteria for assessment of the Statement of Capabilities (Minimum Essential Requirements)
Any interested supplier must demonstrate by way of a statement of capabilities that its product/equipment/company capabilities meet the following requirements:
1. The supplier has an existing 3D SA system which has been integrated with radar and other sensors and external viewing devices, including augmented reality.
2. The supplier has experience conducting at least one each of:
- evaluation of user requirements for a Situation Awareness Display (SAD);
- modification of the SAD to meet user requirements;
- integration of the SAD with sensors to include UAV track data from radar in various formats including ASTERIX CAT 48, ARPA, and custom formats;
- Unmanned traffic equipped with Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) or other self-reporting broadcast technology; and
- field evaluation of SAD capabilities.
3. Integration of SAD with at least one national airspace management system.
4. Use of SAD with capabilities relevant to UAV Traffic Management, including but not limited to:
- ingesting data (radar, ADS-B, UAV telemetry) from multiple sensors and sources with dissimilar data streams to create a comprehensive air picture displaying the UAV and
- manned aircraft traffic in real-timE.
4. Applicability of the trade agreement(s) to the procurement
- Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
5. Justification for the Pre-Identified Supplier
It is proposed to direct this requirement to Kongsberg Geospatial Ltd. as they are the only vendor that manufactures:
a) SA system that depicts aeronautical data of airspaces, aerodromes and obstacle information in 2D and 3D.
b) SA system that has real-time terrain proximity alerting that can be applied to selected unmanned or manned aircraft by the display operator. The terrain proximity alert can be accompanied by an audible tone warning or a speech warning of “TERRAIN” to alert the display operator.
6. Government Contracts Regulations Exception(s)
The following exception(s) to the Government Contracts Regulations is invoked for this procurement under subsection GCR 6.d only one supplier (person or firm) is capable of performing the contract;
7. Exclusions and/or Limited Tendering Reasons
The following exclusions and/or limited tendering reasons are invoked under:
a) Article 513: Limited Tendering of Chapter 5 of the CFTA;
b) Article 19.12: Limited tendering of Chapter 19 of CETA; and
c) Article XIII: Limited Tendering of the WTO-AGP.
8. Ownership of Intellectual Property
Ownership of any Foreground Intellectual Property arising out of the proposed contract will vest in the Contractor.
9. Period of the proposed standing offer
The proposed contract is for a period of 1 year.
10. Cost estimate of the proposed contract
The estimated value of the contract is $150,000.00 (GST/HST extra).
11. Name and address of the pre-identified supplier
Kongsberg Geospatial Ltd
Suite 400, 411 Legget Drive
12. Suppliers' right to submit a statement of capabilities
Suppliers who consider themselves fully qualified and available to provide the goods described in the ACAN may submit a statement of capabilities in writing to the contact person identified in this notice on or before the closing date of this notice. The statement of capabilities must clearly demonstrate how the supplier meets the advertised requirements.
13. Closing date for a submission of a statement of capabilities
The closing date and time for accepting statements of capabilities is May 17, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. EST.
14. Inquiries and statements of capabilities are to be directed to:
Research and Development Procurement Directorate
Services Innovation Acquisition Sector
Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
Les Terrasses de la Chaudière
10 Wellington Street
Gatineau, Québec K1A 0S5
E-mail | Courriel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government of Canada
You are hereby notified that the government intends to negotiate with one firm only as identified above. Should you have any questions concerning this requirement, contact the contracting officer identified above.
An Advance Contract Award Notice (ACAN) allows departments and agencies to post a notice, for no less than fifteen (15) calendar days, indicating to the supplier community that it intends to award a good, service or construction contract to a pre-identified contractor. If no other supplier submits, on or before the closing date, a Statement of Capabilities that meets the requirements set out in the ACAN, the contracting authority may then proceed with the award. However, should a Statement of Capabilities be found to meet the requirements set out in the ACAN, then the contracting authority will proceed to a full tendering process.
Suppliers who consider themselves fully qualified and available to provide the services described herein, may submit a statement of capabilities by Email to the Contracting Authority identified in this Notice on or before the closing date of this notice. The statement of capabilities must clearly demonstrate how the supplier meets the advertised requirements.
The Crown retains the right to negotiate with suppliers on any procurement.
Documents may be submitted in either official language of Canada.
- Contact name
- Brault, Laurie
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
10 Wellington St Gatineau QC K1A 0S5 CA
Find out who is interested in this tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
Support for smaller businesses
If you have questions specific to this procurement, please contact the Contracting Authority identified in the “Contact information” section of this tender notice.
If you need help understanding the federal procurement process or registering as a supplier, contact the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises. We have a network of offices across Canada.
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.