ARCHIVED Franklin Expedition Inuit Oral History Project (5P300-17-5551)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2018/04/10 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Trade agreement
- Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT)
- Canada-Chile Free Trade Agreement (CCFTA)
- Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement
- Canada-Peru Free Trade Agreement (CPFTA)
- Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement (CLCA)
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement
- Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement (CKFTA)
- Canada-Honduras Free Trade Agreement
- Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Parks Canada
- End user entity
- Parks Canada
- Contact name
- Morin, Celine
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
111 Water Street East Cornwall ON K6H 6S3 CA
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
The Contractor will work collaboratively with Inuit knowledge-holders, community members and Parks Canada experts to summarize, conduct and share oral history research related to Inuit knowledge of the 1845 Franklin Expedition and the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
The objectives of the project are:
- To conduct a bibliographical, archival and oral history research project into Inuit oral history of the 1845 Franklin expedition, and specifically the associated shipwreck sites of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror
- To produce professional interpretive materials—including video clips, audio clips, and a book—for Parks Canada on this topic. These materials will help Parks Canada present to the public a history of Inuit knowledge of the Franklin expedition, and will contribute to an understanding of the shipwreck sites as part of Inuit homelands.
- To provide opportunities for Inuit Elders to share their knowledge about the 1845 Franklin Expedition and to document that knowledge.
- To provide capacity-building opportunities for Inuit youth and adults related to oral history collection and presentation.
National Parks Regulations require that all work is to be performed in accordance with the ordinances, laws, rules and regulations set out in the National Park Act.
Bidders that consider themselves qualified to provide this Work and intend to submit bids on this project should obtain documents from the Government Electronic Tendering Service through the Government of Canada tendering service at www.buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders . Addenda, when issued, will be available from the Government of Canada tendering service. Bidders that elect to base their bids on documents obtained from other sources do so at their own risk. Late submissions will not be considered.
Standard Terms and Conditions for this procurement are incorporated by reference into, and form part of the Tender and Contract Documents.
The solicitation is subject to the Nunavut Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement.
Delivery Date: The Work must be completed on or before December 17, 2019.
All inquiries of a technical and contractual nature are to be submitted to the Contracting Authority: Céline Morin, telephone: 613-938-5940, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Inquiries are to be made in writing and should be received no less than ten (10) calendar days prior to the closing date to allow sufficient time to respond.
This PCA office provides procurement services to the public in either official language of Canada.
The Crown retains the right to negotiate with suppliers on any procurement.
Documents may be submitted in either official language of Canada.
Sealed tenders will be received in English or French at the following address:
Parks Canada Agency
National Contracting Services
111 Water Street East
Cornwall ON K6H 6S3
ATTN: Céline Morin
By FAX number:
OR BY EMAIL TO : email@example.com
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.