Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) - Innovation Call for Proposals 2017 (W7714-17DRDC/B) (W7714-17DRDC/B)
- Publishing status
- Days to closing
- 3 weeks 1 day hence
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2017/12/11 14:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Trade agreement
- Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT)
- Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement (CLCA)
- Tendering procedure
- Conditional Canadian content
- Procurement entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- End user entity
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Contact name
- Baxter, Emily
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
11 Laurier St Gatineau, QC K1A 0S5 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
03/11/2017 - Amendment 001
The purpose of this amendment is to respond to potential bidders’ questions and revise Annex E.
This CFP is an invitation to bidders to submit innovative science and technology (S&T) proposals in support of Canada’s defence, security and public safety.
More specifically, this CFP identifies S&T Challenges (see Annex B of the CFP) that relate to the following DRDC programs and for which innovative solutions are sought:
Stream A: Public Safety and Security
DRDC is looking for novel ideas and innovative solutions to resolve public safety and security S&T Challenges under the theme of “smart communities and systems”. Stream A is in support of Canada’s resilience primarily through the Canadian Safety and Security Program (CSSP)’s S&T investments. The CSSP is a whole-of-government initiative that strengthens Canada’s ability to anticipate, prevent, mitigate, prepare for, respond to and recover from natural disasters, serious accidents, crime and terrorism through the convergence of S&T with policy, operations and intelligence.
Stream B: Support to Canada’s Defence Policy “Strong, Secured, Engaged”
Stream B is in support of Canada’s new Defence Policy, “Strong, Secured, Engaged”, released in June 2017. This policy states that “Innovative technology, knowledge, and problem solving are critical for Canada and its allies to mitigate new threats, stay ahead of potential adversaries, and meet evolving defence and security needs, while generating economic benefits for Canada.”
The S&T Challenges under Stream B will support three DND clients: Canadian Special Operations Forces Command (CANSOFCOM), All Domain Situational Awareness (ADSA) Science and Technology (S&T) Program, and Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM) Infrastructure and Environment (IE)
The Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA) applies to this procurement.
The requirement is conditionally limited to Canadian goods and/or services.
The following may apply to the resulting contract(s), based on the Proposal:
- A security requirement may be associated with this requirement. Valid security clearances may be required to execute a project described in a proposal from the finalized pool of pre-qualified proposals for funding. Canada will determine the level of security required for the project and will be responsible for managing the acquisition of any necessary security clearances.
For more information on personnel and organization security screening or security clauses, bidders should refer to the Industrial Security Program (ISP) of Public Works and Government Services Canada website. (http://ssi-iss.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/index-eng.html).
- The region of delivery for the goods and/or services may be delivered in an area subject to Comprehensive Land Claims Agreements (CLCAs).
- Any resulting procurement may be subject to the Controlled Goods Program.
- The Federal Contractors Program (FCP) for employment equity applies to this procurement. See the Article titled Federal Contractors Program for Employment Equity – Certification of the Certifications and Additional Information document and the Draft Resulting Contract Clauses, published in the References section of the electronic Proposal Submission form or can be viewed on the BuyandSell website.
MANDATORY AND POINT RATED EVALUATION CRITERIA:
The mandatory and point rated evaluation criteria are included in Annex C of the DRDC Innovation CFP.
Proposals that satisfy all of the mandatory criteria, achieve the minimum point-rated evaluation score overall and in each criterion (where applicable), and meet all other requirements of the CFP will be considered responsive and submitted to the Proposal Selection Committee. This is not a guarantee that a responsive proposal will be selected for funding or that a contract will be awarded.
All responsive proposals will be considered for funding in accordance with the selection process summarized in the CFP.
The DRDC Innovation CFP is available electronically under "Solicitation Documents" below.
Supply Team Leader
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Place du Portage, Phase III
11 Laurier Street
Telephone: (873) 469-4819
E-mail address: Emily.email@example.com
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.