- Read all terms and conditions thoroughly.
- Meet all mandatory criteria.
- Respond to all sections, regardless of point value (Note: not all evaluations are point-rated).
- Provide the number of copies of your bid as requested in the solicitation document.
- Make sure that all certifications are included with your bid, if requested.
- Remember that the contracting officer, not the end-user, is your only point of contact during the bidding process.
- Sign your bid and make sure to fill in and sign all required elements (e.g. certifications) within your bid.
- Follow the instructions completely and submit your bid on time and to the right place.
Failure to do the above could result in your bid being deemed non-responsive or non-compliant.
- Organize your bid so that it is complete, concise and precise.
- Include the following on the front page of your bid:
- The reference number you have assigned to the bid for legal purposes;
- Public Works and Government Services Canada file number and the date; and
- The name, address and phone number of your contact person.
- Write an executive summary, paginate, and include a table of contents.
- While responding to all criteria, pay particular attention to sections that may carry more points in point-rated evaluations.
- Put your logo or business name on every page.
- Have fresh eyes do a quality review of your bid before submitting it.
- After the contract has been awarded, ask the contracting officer for a debriefing.