March 16, 2018 – Gatineau – As part of a pilot, bidders in the National Capital Region had the opportunity of submitting bids against Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) tenders electronically using Canada Post’s epost Connect online service. PSPC is now extending this initiative to other regions, to make it available to bidders across Canada.
Tenders for which this option is available will be posted on Buyandsell.gc.ca and clearly identified as accepting bid submission files electronically. Bidders are encouraged to watch for these upcoming tenders and to participate.
The option of submitting bids electronically using epost Connect is expected to be available on all PSPC tenders across all regions in the spring of 2018.
This initiative is part of PSPC’s efforts to simplify procurement processes and move to an electronic service that offers a fast, efficient and green alternative to submitting paper documents.
How to participate
Tenders will refer interested bidders to the bid solicitation document for instructions on how to submit their files electronically.
What is epost Connect
epost Connect is a secure, online service that allows users to share large, confidential files. Some features include:
- large file transfers, users can attach multiple 1 GB files (any file type) in a single message
- the ability to track your electronic activity history
- privacy and security capabilities to process Protected B documents (which meet Government of Canada requirements)
There is no fee to use the epost Connect service to submit your bid submission files electronically.
Benefits to businesses
Submitting your bids electronically via epost Connect means:
- a faster and more efficient bid submission process
- a green alternative to submitting paper files in-person, by mail or fax to a Bid Receiving Unit office
- a time and date stamp record for the upload of files in epost Connect
For additional information regarding the electronic bid submission initiative, please contact the national capital region Bid Receiving Unit at TPSGC.DGAreceptiondessoumissions-ABBidReceiving.PWGSC@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
Important: For questions relating to a specific tender opportunity, please contact the contracting authority responsible for the procurement process.
Stay informed about tenders, website updates and procurement news by subscribing to the: