ADVANCE PROCUREMENT NOTICE - CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM FOR FY 20/21 TO 24/25 (WA-NCR-2020-25_REL)
Tender Notice - Notice of Proposed Procurement (NPP)
- Days until closing
- 4 years 2 months hence
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2025/03/31 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- B100A: Air Quality Analyses
- B101A: Environmental Impact Studies
- B101B: Environmental Studies - Construction Sites
- B102A: Soil Studies
- B103A: Water Quality Studies
- B109A: Other Environmental Studies
- B200A: Rock Core Drilling and Sampling
- B201A: Geophysical Studies
- B200B: Geological Studies
- B202A: Geotechnical Studies - Licensed Engineers
- B204A: Seismological Studies
- E101A: Air Quality Support Services
- E103A: Water Quality Support Services
- E107A: Hazardous Substance Analysis - Building Related
- E108A: Asbestos Removal Services
- C111A: Architect/Engineer Services - Administration & Service Buildings
- C112A: Architect/Engineer Services - Airfield, Communication and Missile Facilities
- C119A: Architectual Services - Buildings
- C113A: Architect/Engineer Services - Educational Buildings
- C114A: Architect/Engineer Services - Hospital Buildings
- C115A: Architect/Engineer Services - Industrial Buildings
- C116A: Architect/Engineer Services - Residential Buildings
- C117A: Architect/Engineer Services - Warehouse Buildings
- Region of delivery
- End user entity
- Defence Construction Canada
- Procurement entity
- Defence Construction Canada
- Region of opportunity
- Tendering procedure
- Trade agreement
- World Trade Organization-Agreement on Government Procurement (WTO-AGP)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
Advance Procurement Notice Construction program for Fiscal year 20/21 to 24/25 (Reliability) Canada, Ontario, national capital region (with Security Requirements)
Purpose of this Advance Procurement Notice
This is not a bid solicitation. This is an advance notice of potential projects with anticipated security requirements to provide interested Consultants and Contractors an opportunity to apply for security clearances. Note that there is no guarantee that these projects will proceed.
Description of the Program
The Construction Program will consist of multi-trade and single trade construction projects of varying sizes and complexity. The program may include, but is not limited to, new construction, recapitalizations, renovations, repairs, maintenance, and demolitions. Technical services supporting the program may include, but is not limited to, architectural and engineering services, land surveying, materials testing, equipment and structure inspections as well as archeological, geological and environmental studies.
Description of the Services
The program will consist of projects that may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Repairs, maintenance, renovations, recapitalizations, expansions and/or replacements of partial and complete facilities;
- New construction of various buildings and structures;
- Demolition of various buildings and structures;
- Building Automation System (BAS) and Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) systems installation, repairs, upgrades, and/or replacements;
- Civil works, including: roads, parking lots, and site services;
- Excavating, earthmoving, and tree removal;
- Building envelope works, including: the replacement and/or repair of roofs, windows, doors and cladding (brick and siding);
- Foundation repairs, waterproofing, and drainage;
- Works to buildings and structures to comply with applicable codes, standards, specifications, and guidelines from national, provincial and local authorities having jurisdiction;
- Communications work including network infrastructure and cabling;
- Installation, repair, maintenance, upgrade and inspection of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems, lighting systems, fire alarm and security systems;
- Electrical repair and/or replacements;
- Mechanical repair and/or replacements;
- Site Surveying;
- Geotechnical Services;
- Interior Finishes, including: partitions, doors, floors and ceilings for offices, conference rooms laboratories, washrooms, kitchenettes and other spaces.
- Specialized building systems and components, such as fume hoods, shielded enclosures, satellite dishes, telecommunication and laboratory HVAC.
- Establish or modify facility security zones;
- Inspections of several structures, including roofs, boilers, tanks, and mechanical and electrical systems;
- Design studies;
- Creation of digital models of existing and future site infrastructure (including site, utilities and buildings) using Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Building Information Modelling (BIM), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Remote Sensing (ground/aerial imagery, LIDAR) and other industry standard technologies and processes to support DND's asset management requirements;
- Drawings and specifications;
- Construction cost estimates; and
- Environmental projects and services including assessment and remediation of contaminated sites, environmental impact assessments, natural resource, species at risk and biological services, sustainability and greening, hazardous material assessments, monitoring and abatement, and archaeological services.
It is anticipated that this/these procurements will be initiated in October 2020 to March 31, 2025. This is conditional on the project receiving approval to proceed by the DND.
Overall the program value is estimated at $50,000,000.00, with the maximum value of any individual project at $10,000,000.00.
Consultants and Contractors will be required to hold a valid DESIGNATED ORGANIZATION SCREENING (DOS) at the level of RELIABILITY, issued or approved by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate (CISD), Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC).
Sub-consultants and sub-contractors will be required to hold a valid DESIGNATED ORGANIZATION SCREENING (DOS), issued or approved by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate (CISD), Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC).
Consultants and Contractors that do not meet the stipulated security requirements and that are interested in submitting proposal(s) or bid(s) for procurement(s) that fall under this program can apply for the security clearance through the Industrial Security Program (ISP). This can be done by following the procedure on DCC’s website at the following link: http://www.dcc-cdc.gc.ca/english/contractors_consultants.html. Consultants and Contractors are asked to submit their request prior to October 30, 2020 quoting the following information:
- Contract number WA-NCR-2020-25_REL; and
- Level of clearance requested to be sponsored for.
Any questions pertaining to the sponsoring process through the ISP can be addressed to:
Telephone Number: (613) 998-8974; or
Email address: ISP.Sponsorship@dcc-cdc.gc.ca
Any questions relating to the Construction Program can be addressed to:
Antoine Am Rhyn
Team Leader, Contract Services
Defence Construction Canada
- Contact name
- am Rhyn, Antoine
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
350 Albert St Ottawa ON K1A 0K3 CA
Find out who is interested in this tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
Support for smaller businesses
If you have questions specific to this procurement, please contact the Contracting Authority identified in the “Contact information” section of this tender notice.
If you need help understanding the federal procurement process or registering as a supplier, contact the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises. We have a network of offices across Canada.
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.