Canada’s Cultural Program at Expo 2020 (7417706)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2020/03/24 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Trade agreement
- Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT)
- Atlantic Procurement Agreement
- Canada-Chile Free Trade Agreement (CCFTA)
- Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement
- Canada-Peru Free Trade Agreement (CPFTA)
- Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement (CLCA)
- Land Claim Set Asides (LCSA)
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Set-Aside Program for Aboriginal Business (SPAB)
- World Trade Organization-Agreement on Government Procurement (WTO-AGP)
- Ontario-Quebec Trade and Cooperation Agreement
- Quebec-New York Corridor Agreement
- Quebec-New Brunswick Procurement Agreement
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)
- Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement
- Canada-Korea Free Trade Agreement (CKFTA)
- Canada-Honduras Free Trade Agreement
- Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
- Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP)
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Foreign Affairs, Trade And Development (Department Of)
- End user entity
- Foreign Affairs, Trade And Development (Department Of)
- Contact name
- Boivin, Emmanuelle
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
125 sussex Ottawa ON K1A 0G2 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
The amendment 003 is raise to answer questions from the industry and extend the closing date to March 24, 2020.
The amendment 002 is raise to answer questions from the industry.
The amendment 001 is raise to answer questions from the industry and extend the closing date to March 17th, 2020.
Global Affairs Canada (GAC) is seeking a Contractor with key team members that will manage and deliver project management and event production services. The Contractor’s team will have experience in many aspects for cultural events. The Contractor will work with GAC’s Canada Expo 2020 Dubai team to design, plan, deliver and manage Canada’s Cultural Program in support of Canada’s participation at Expo 2020 Dubai.
Canada’s Cultural Program will represent, to the degree possible, the spectrum of Canada’s artistic and cultural products during the Expo period. The Cultural Program will reflect Canada’s values and ethics. Canada’s Cultural Program is a vehicle to increase Canada’s visibility on the Expo 2020 grounds, as well as attract visitors to the Canada Pavilion. Given that the Cultural Program represents an ideal medium to foster UAE-Canada connections, there is a need to develop a strong Cultural Program, which reflects the diversity of our performing, visual and literary arts sector.
The mandatory components of Canada’s Cultural Program at Expo 2020 include:
- A one-day event on January 28, 2021, to celebrate Canada’s National Day, which will be the main conduit to showcase Canada’s rich cultural diversity, where visitors at the Expo can gain a greater understanding and appreciation of Canada’s history, heritage and communities. Canada’s National Day VIP ceremony (approximately fifty invited guests of Canada) will take place at the Al Wasl Plaza (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJqMWePE8g). This will represent only one component of Canada’s National Day celebration that will need to be coordinated with the Expo Organizer and their programming for National Days. It is anticipated, as part of the Contractor’s scope of work, that other activities will be planned in the Canada Pavilion and across the broader Expo grounds.
- The programming of high-quality and impactful cultural activities such as dancers, musicians, digital arts, litterature, theater events, performing arts, etc. (subject to availability of venues, as determined with the Expo Organizer) on as many days as possible and across multiple locations on the Expo site during the six-month Expo period. All programming must be approved by the Project Authority.
The Contractor will be required to focus on engaging and promoting renowned Canadian artists and creators, including emerging artists that are primed for international recognition, are export ready and would like to develop a market in the MENASA region. A strong representation of Indigenous artists is mandatory.
The Cultural Program must feature the best Canada has to offer and therefore the selected artists will have to have already proven themselves in Canada and are considered professionals in the industry. As well, the Contractor must ensure that the proposed artists reflect Canada’s cultural diversity while maintaining a linguistic and geographic balance and a fair gender representation.
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.