Employment and Employability Skills Program (21120-20-3229344/A)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2020/02/24 14:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Nova Scotia
- Region of delivery
- Nova Scotia
- Notice type
- Advance Contract Award Notice (ACAN)
- Trade agreement
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Correctional Service of Canada
- End user entity
- Correctional Service of Canada
- Contact name
- Cameron, Danielle
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
340 Laurier Ave West Ottawa ON K1A 0P9 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
Employment and Employability Skills Program
An advanced contract award notice (ACAN) is a public notice indicating to the supplier community that a department or agency intends to award a contract for goods, services or construction to a pre-identified supplier, thereby allowing other suppliers to signal their interest in bidding, by submitting a statement of capabilities. If no supplier submits a statement of capabilities that meets the requirements set out in the ACAN, on or before the closing date and time stated in the ACAN, the contracting officer may then proceed with the award to the pre-identified supplier.
1. Definition of requirement:
The Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) has a requirement to provide an employment and employability skills program for offenders with mental health needs and/or substance abuse issues. The work will involve the following:
CORCAN intends to establish a contract to provide employment and employability skills and on-the-job training for offenders with mental health needs and substance abuse issues, under supervision in the Halifax and surrounding area.
The Contractor must teach employability skills and provide an environment to practice the skills through on-the-job training. CSC/CORCAN will refer the offenders to the Contractor. The tasks the Contractor must perform include but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide employability skills training and on-the-job training;
- Teach employability skills, soft skills, to the offender (including, but not limited to: communication, time management);
- Teach job search skills (including, but not limited to: resume writing, interview preparation);
- Provide on-the-job training (employment);
- Provide training including duties and hours of work;
- Teach proper work ethic (including, but not limited to: attendance, punctuality, attitude);
- Provide worksite orientation;
- Provide worksite rules and regulations;
- Provide worksite supervision; and
- Provide personal protective equipment (if applicable).
1.3 Expected results:
To provide employability skills training and on-the-job training to offenders with mental health needs and substance abuse issues, and assist these offenders in developing transferrable skills to find and maintain employment upon their release in the community.
1.4.1 The Contractor must provide a Final Report containing the following:
- Name of offender;
- Description of employability skills program;
- Description of on-the-job training including tasks and hours of work;
- Performance evaluation, including but not limited to: attendance, attitude, ability to follow direction and perform the work; and
- Outcome and recommendations for future employment.
1.4.2 Paper consumption:
a. Should printed material be required, double sided printing in black and white format is the default unless otherwise specified by the Project Authority.
b. The Contractor must ensure printed material is on paper with a minimum recycled content of 30% and/or certified as originating from a sustainably managed forest.
c. The Contractor must recycle unneeded printed documents (in accordance with Security Requirements).
1.5.1 Location of work:
a. The Contractor must perform the work in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
i. No travel is anticipated for performance of the work under this contract.
1.5.2 Language of Work:
The Contractor must perform all work in English.
1.5.3 Security Requirements:
There are no security requirements associated to this contract.
2. Criteria for assessing the statement of capabilities (minimum essential requirements):
Any interested supplier must demonstrate by way of a statement of capabilities that it meets the following requirements:
1. The Supplier must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in providing an employability skills training program for offenders with mental health needs and substance abuse issues that is based on a continuous intake model. The experience must have been acquired within five (5) years preceding the closing date of this ACAN.
2/ The Supplier must be a *social enterprise with a minimum of three (3) years experience in providing training (hands on Skills) specific to offenders with mental health needs and substance abuse issues. The experience must have been acquired within five (5) years preceding the closing date of this ACAN.
*Social Enterprise is defined as a commercial organization that has specific social objectives that serve its primary purpose. Social enterprises seek to maximize profits while maximizing benefits to society and the environment. Their profits are by principle, used to fund social programs.
3. The Supplier must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in providing *soft skill training to offenders with mental heath needs and substance abuse issues. The experience must have been acquired within five (5) years preceding the closing date of this ACAN.
*Soft skills training include: communication, time management, resume writing, interview preparation
4. The Supplier must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience, in providing the following training to offenders with mental health needs and substance abuse issues:
- worksite orientation;
- worksite rules and regulations; and
- worksite supervision.
The experience must have been acquired within five (5) years preceding the closing date of this ACAN.
3. Applicability of the trade agreement (s) to the procurement
This procurement is not subject to any trade agreement.
4. Set-aside under the Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business
This procurement is not subject to any set-asides for Aboriginal Suppliers.
5. Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (s)
This procurement is not subject to a Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement.
6. Justification for the Pre-Identified Supplier
There is a limited number of suppliers available to provide an employability skills training program to meet the needs of CSC offenders with mental health needs and substance abuse issues.
The work on the contract includes providing services to offenders with mental health and substance abuse issues on conditional release or statutory release and those subject to Long-Term Supervision Orders. The pre-identified supplier has developed an employability skills training program that is based on a continuous intake model which allows continuous admission of offenders, and that provides services specific to offenders that have barriers to employment.
The pre-identified supplier meets all of the minimum essential requirements described in this ACAN.
7. Government Contracts Regulations Exception(s)
The following exception to the Government Contracts Regulations is invoked for this procurement under subsection:
(d) only one person is capable of performing the contract.
8. Exclusions and/or Limited Tendering Reasons
The following exclusion (s) and/or limited tendering reasons are invoked under the section of the trade agreement (s) specified:
This procurement is not subject to any trade agreement.
9. Ownership of Intellectual Property
There are no intellectual property terms in the contract.
10. Period of the proposed contract or the delivery date(s)
The proposed contract is for a period of one (1) year, from date of the contract to one (1) year later with an option to extend the contract for three (3) additional one (1) year period.
11.Cost estimate of the proposed contract
The estimated value of the contract, including option(s), is $ 96,224.70 (GST/HST extra).
12. Name and address of the pre-identified supplier
Name: LakeCity Works
Address: 386 Windmill Rd
13. Suppliers' right to submit a statement of capabilities
Suppliers who consider themselves fully qualified and available to provide the goods, services or construction services described in the ACAN, may submit a statement of capabilities in writing to the contact person identified in this notice on or before the closing date and time of this notice. The statement of capabilities must clearly demonstrate how the supplier meets the advertised requirements.
14. Closing date and time for a submission of a statement of capabilities
The closing date and time for accepting statements of capabilities is Monday, February 24th, 2020 at 2:00 PM EST.
15. Inquiries and submission of statement of capabilities
Inquiries and statement of capabilities are to be directed to:
Senior Procurement Officer
340 Laurier Ave, West
Ottawa, ON K1A 0P9
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.