Analysis and Recommendations on Regulatory and Policy Tools to Address Shellfish Aquaculture Related Marine Plastic Waste and Abandoned Gear (F5211-190547)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2019/12/04 14:00 Atlantic Standard Time (AST)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Notice type
- Invitation to Tender (ITT)
- Trade agreement
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- End user entity
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Contact name
- LeBlanc, Roger
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
301 Bishop Drive Fredericton NB E3C 2M6 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
The objective of this contract is to:
- review and assess the common sources of shellfish aquaculture related marine plastic waste and abandoned gear in the Canadian marine environment;
- review, analyze and synthesise relevant domestic and international legislative/regulatory mechanisms and policies for the management, mitigation, and elimination of marine plastic waste and abandoned gear related to shellfish aquaculture activities, with a focus on temperate regions and regions similar to Canada; and
- present recommendations to address shellfish aquaculture related marine plastic waste and abandoned gear, based on relevant domestic and international best practices, within the multijurisdictional context of shellfish aquaculture management in Canada.
The recommendations developed by the contractor may serve to support the Government of Canada’s G7 commitments to reduce marine plastics debris and discarded fishing gear in its waters, as well as support Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) exploration of shellfish aquaculture standards related to debris management and strengthen conditions of licence.
The Contractor will be directly responsible for ensuring the accuracy, timeliness, and completion of all tasks assigned under this contract. The contract must be completed no later than February 28, 2020.
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.