ARCHIVED 4VsW SENTINEL MONITORING PROJECT (F5211-180475)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2018/10/26 00:00 Atlantic Daylight Time (ADT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Region of delivery
- Nova Scotia
- Notice type
- Advance Contract Award Notice (ACAN)
- Trade agreement
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- End user entity
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Contact name
- Marchand, Morgan
- Contact email
- Contact phone
- Contact address
301 Bishop Drive Fredericton NB E3C 2M9 CA
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
- Advance Contract Award Notice
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) is seeking the services of a contractor and vessel to obtain the data required to develop ground fish species abundance indices in NAFO division 4VsW through the completion of a Sentinel Monitoring survey in 4VsW. This project will collect data at 21 stations in two inshore strata to monitor groundfish abundance in the inshore area not surveyed by the DFO Research Vessel survey. The data and biological sample processing will provide products to inform on species distribution, abundance, life history traits, and ecosystem data.
The purpose of this Advance Contract Award Notice (ACAN) is to signal the government’s intention to award a contract for these services to Fishermen and Scientist Research Society, NS. Before awarding a contract the government would like to provide other suppliers with the opportunity to demonstrate that they are capable of satisfying the requirements set out in this Notice, by submitting a statement of capabilities during the ACAN posting period.
If other potential suppliers submit a statement of capabilities during this ACAN posting period that meets the requirements set out in the ACAN, the government will proceed to a full tendering process on either GETS or through traditional means in order to award the contract.
If no other supplier submits on or before the closing date, a statement of capabilities meeting the requirements set out in the ACAN, a contract will be awarded to the pre-selected supplier.
- Requirements or Expected Results
The Project supports DFO’s Legal mandate and the following strategic outcomes:
- Economically Prosperous Maritime Sectors and Fisheries
- Sustainable Aquatic Ecosystems
- The activities undertaken in this project link to the Program Alignment Architecture Economically Prosperous Maritime Sectors and Fisheries through Program activity 1.1 Integrated Fisheries Management and the sub activity Commercial Fisheries by providing greater certainty in scientific advice for stock assessments and improved understanding of species distributions, life history patterns and response to environmental factors.
- This project improves the process of fisheries research by making available to DFO scientists information on species distribution and abundance information from a stock area not normally accessible by our own research platform.
Scope of Work
- The work will take place starting in October of 2018. The fishing of the survey stations will be completed within 4 weeks of the start of fishing in October 2018. All other deliverables will be completed by March 15, 2019.
- The contractor will work on site at the Bedford Institute of Oceanography, 1 Challenger Drive, Dartmouth, NS B2Y 4A2
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.