Department of National Defence - Road Transportation Source List (DND/D Maj Proc 8) (2017-001)
- Publishing status
- Publication date
- Amendment date
- Date closing
- 2018/09/28 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Reference number
- Solicitation number
- Region of opportunity
- Canada, United States
- Region of delivery
- Canada, United States
- Notice type
- Request for Qualification (RQ)
- Trade agreement
- Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT)
- Tendering procedure
- Procurement entity
- Department of National Defence
- End user entity
- Department of National Defence
- Contact name
- Clark, Trevor
- Contact phone
- Contact address
101 Colonel By Drive Ottawa, ON K1A 0K2 CA
Find Out Who Is Interested In This Tender
Are you looking for partnering opportunities or thinking about bidding? Find out who is interested in the tender and add your name to the List of Interested Suppliers.
Access the List of Interested Suppliers for this tender
The following statistics are only for the English page and are provided in close to real time. To calculate the total activity for a tender notice, you will need to add the English and French statistics.
- Page views
- Unique page views
- Tender notice updates
- Get notifications for this tender notice:
For more information on notifications, visit the Follow Opportunities page.
The Department of National Defence (DND) moves materiel domestically and to/ from the United States on an as required basis to support operations. DND accomplishes this task through its own means but also contracts directly with Industry for the movement of cargo/ vehicles by road. To contract for transportation requirements that arise, DND maintains a Source List of pre-qualified service providers.
2. Source List
DND is soliciting industry applications for a DND Road Transportation Source List for the following services.
- Closed Van Truckload
- Specialized Trailer Services - flatbed, step-deck, RGN, and similar-type trailers to carry specialized cargo
- Explosives and dangerous goods – Closed Van Truckload & Specialized Trailer Services
Companies must identify clearly which services they provide.
3. Validity Period
The DND Transportation Source Lists will remain valid for a two-year period, beginning March 01, 2017. During this timeframe any DND transportation requirements that arise will be issued to the members of the appropriate Source List.
4. Application Process
Companies interested in being considered for inclusion in a DND Transportation Source Lists must address all criteria in the Source List Criteria listed at part 5 of this solicitation. Applications submitted by 28 February 2017 will be reviewed immediately. Successful companies will be included in the Source List(s) immediately and remain on the list for the entire two-year validity period. Applications submitted after 28 February 2017 will be reviewed by DND as time and resources permit and successful companies will be on the Source list(s) for the remainder of the validity period.
DND reserves the right to:
(a) seek clarification from the applicant on any or all aspects of the document(s) submitted in response to this solicitation;
(b) enter into negotiations with the applicant on any or all aspects of their responses to this solicitation;
(c) accept any response, in whole or in part, without negotiations;
(d) cancel this solicitation at any time; and
(e) reissue this solicitation.
5. Source List Criteria
Providers must demonstrate to DND that they meet the following criteria. Please note that incomplete submissions will not be considered:
- Identify Company structure (i.e. sole proprietorship, partnership, limited partnership, corporation, and Principals, including roles and responsibilities of major position holders);
- As applicable, based on Company structure, provide full address, phone, fax and e-mail address of key personnel (i.e.): Company President, Company Vice President, Representative of Finance department, Head of billing department; Head of claims department; Head of tracking and shipping department; and Company Representative for DND.
- Provide Company Goods and Services Tax number and Procurement Business Number;
- Identify assets currently owned by the company, by type and number that would be used to provide service support.
- Identify the operations/activities within the last year being provided by the Company;
- Identify road transportation experience for services identified in paragraph # 2. This experience must have been acquired within the previous five (5) years;
- Provide letters of reference from at least three (3) of the Company’s non- DND road transportation clients. Letters must be issued within the last year from the time of application, and
- Provide a letter of reference from a recognized financial institution outlining the financial capacity of the applicant. The letter must be issued within the last year from the time of application.
- Explain how you propose to manage sub-contractor work and describe your sub-contractor performance management processes. Explain how you intend to implement and maintain quality assurance procedures for sub-contractors;
- Contracts of high value the Bidder must have and demonstrate, if requested, the financial means to deal with high dollar value contracts. There may be a requirement for the broker/provider to submit a performance bond and/or other forms of contract security in conjunction with a bid and/or tender solicitation.
- Be aware that some DND requirements arise on an urgent basis and may require contracted airlift within a less than 24 hour time frame.
- Be advised that DND may conduct a credit check and/or security check of the company and its Principals.
If a service provider /broker is found to be in breach of Contract, in addition to any other remedy available to the Crown, temporary or permanent removal from the relevant Source List(s) may result.
Transportation services are exempt from the provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and World Trade Organization Agreement on Government Procurement (WTO-AGP). The Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT) applies.
Service providers and broker wishing to be considered for inclusion in one of these DND Transportation Source Lists must forward their complete submissions no later than 28 February 2017 to the Trevor Clark. E-mail submissions are acceptable.
Mr. Trevor Clark
National Defence Headquarters
MGen GR Pearkes Bldg
101 Colonel By Drive
Attention: D Maj Proc 8-3-6
Government of Canada (GC) tender notices and awards, solicitation documents and tender attachments are available free of charge and without registration on Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders, the authoritative location for GC tenders.
You may have received this tender notice or award through a third-party distributor. The Government of Canada is not responsible for any tender notices and/or related documents and attachments not accessed directly through Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders.
This Government of Canada tender notice or tender award carries an Open Government Licence - Canada that governs its use. Related solicitation documents and/or tender attachments are copyright protected. Please refer to the section about Commercial Reproduction in the Buyandsell.gc.ca Terms and Conditions for more information.