Government of Canada procurement activities are principally carried out pursuant to a governing framework comprised of:
- statutes and regulations (including a challenge process);
- trade agreements; and
- policies, directives, procedures and guidelines.
Latest Policy Changes
- September 3, 2015 – The SACC Manual (version 2015-5) reflects changes that were made to section 01 Interpretation in some of the general conditions. The complete details of the revisions can be viewed in the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) Synopsis - Version 2015-5.
- August 19, 2015 – The Supply Manual version 2015-2.1 reflects changes that were made to the Web interface and HTML code to continue to meet the Web Standards for the Government of Canada. Version 2015-2.1 (both web version and full HTML version) does not represent any substantive content changes to version 2015-2 of the Supply Manual.
- July 29, 2015 – The Supply Manual is updated in support of Policy Notification (PN) 72R2 Review Process for Creation, Renewal and/or Extension of Standing Offers and Supply Arrangements.
The SACC Manual and the Supply Manual, also reflect changes that were made to the Web interface and HTML code to continue to meet the Web Standards for the Government of Canada. These changes do not have an impact on the content.
- July 9, 2015 – The SACC Manual (version 2015-4) reflects changes that were made to two specific real property contracting clauses. The complete details of the revisions can be viewed in the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) Synopsis - Version 2015-4.
- July 3, 2015 – Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) announced the implementation of the new government-wide Integrity Regime for procurement and real property transactions. The new Integrity Regime takes effect immediately and all active tenders will be amended to include the new Integrity provisions. On this date PWGSC also announced that through Policy Notification (PN) 107R1 it has revised its Integrity Provisions and introduced an Ineligibility and Suspension Policy. To learn more about these changes, please read the following:
- Policy Notification (PN) 107R1 – New Integrity Regime – Through PN-107R1 PWGSC is updating the Integrity Provisions surrounding its procurement and real property transactions to bring them in line with a new government-wide integrity regime. PN-107R1 provides information about the new Integrity Regime, and how these changes impact the Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC), the Standard Procurement Templates and Supply Manual. The current Supply Manual – version 2015-1.5, effective date 2015-07-03 does not reflect the changes resulting from the new Integrity Regime. The Supply Manual will be updated shortly to reflect these changes. In the meantime, the changes can be accessed in Annex A (PDF 397 KB) - (Help on File Formats).
- Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC) Synopsis – Version 2015-3 – for additional details concerning the revisions to the SACC Manual and Standard Procurement Templates.