Non-federal governments and other organizations, such as provinces, territories, municipalities, school boards and hospitals, can now use the procurement tools and purchasing power of Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) to buy certain goods.
On this page
- Eligible non-federal governments and other organizations
- Available standing offers
- Find and order goods
- Find standing offer information
- Benefits to your organization
- For more information
Eligible non-federal governments and other organizations
The following provinces and territories have signed master user agreements that allow them to use federal procurement instruments to buy specific commodities:
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- the Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Non-federal governments and organizations in those provinces and territories may also use our standing offers and supply arrangements. These organizations include:
- intergovernmental organizations
- Canadian aid agencies
- Canadian public health organizations
Available standing offers
Currently, standing offers are in place to buy the following items from pre-qualified suppliers:
- office supplies
- Motorola radios
Additional items will be available in the coming months.
|Commodity group||Approximate date|
|document imaging||January 2017|
|digital two-way radios||February 2017|
|all-terrain vehicles||winter 2017|
|laboratory supplies||winter 2017|
|packaging materials||April 2017|
|P25 subscriber units||May 2017|
|office paper||fall 2017|
|chemicals supplies||spring 2017|
|medical equipment||fall 2017|
|office seating||winter 2018|
|furniture work spaces||spring 2018|
|fitness equipment||spring 2018|
Find and order goods
Authorized non-federal government users can access the Standing Offers and Supply Arrangements Application (SOSA App) to find pre-qualified suppliers and use the call-up form to order items from the standing offer.
Learn more about the SOSA App.
Find standing offer information
You can find information on pre-qualified businesses holding standing offers without having to sign in by searching standing offers and supply arrangements or downloading standing offer and supply arrangement data.
You can also use the snapshot of SOSA data to simplify your search by:
- sorting by the start and expiry date of the procurement tool
- finding information by good and service, rather than by pre-qualified supplier
Learn more about standing offers.
Benefits to your organization
Potential benefits include:
- paying less for commodities because of our purchasing power
- reducing your administrative cost by using our existing procurement tools
- sharing expertise, best practices and business information about various commodities
The following conditions apply when using our procurement tools:
- PSPC is responsible for managing the terms and conditions of the standing offer agreement
- buyers are responsible for resolving disputes between themselves and the seller, although PSPC may help to clarify terms
- prices, terms and/or conditions of the standing offer agreement cannot be modified or negotiated; these items were agreed to previously following an open tendering process
- the buyer may purchase goods within the commodity groups covered by the standing offer agreement; goods not listed in the standing offer should be purchased using other tools
For more information
Contact the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises or call 1‑800‑811-1148 Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 5 pm ET.