Get prepared to sell to the government
- Learn about the basics of procurement
- Register for a seminar on finding opportunities and supplying goods and services to the Government of Canada
- Learn to navigate the federal procurement process - Access and download reference sheets, seminar notes and other tools developed by Procurement Assistance Canada.
Register as a supplier:
Federal procurement is moving online. During this transition, you may be able to bid on some tender opportunities through CanadaBuys. Some opportunities will continue to require bid submission through other methods such as a bid receiving unit or through Canada Post Connect. Each procurement opportunity will clearly detail the delivery method to submit a bid.
There are two types of registration for suppliers:
- Register in Supplier Registration Information (SRI) to obtain your procurement business number. This number is currently required for bids that are not processed through SAP Ariba.
- If you are already registered in SRI, verify that your supplier registration information is up-to-date.
- For step-by-step instructions to guide you through the registration process, view the Registering in SRI reference sheet.
- Register in SAP Ariba to prepare for the move to electronic procurement.
Find opportunities to sell goods and services to the GC
Browse and search Government of Canada tenders: Search for bid opportunities from federal departments and agencies. Use the search filters to browse by date, location and Goods and Services Identification Number (GSIN).
The tenders search will move to CanadaBuys in Fall 2022. Right now, you can preview the tenders search on CanadaBuys.
- Searching on CanadaBuys will be similar to searching on Buyandsell.gc.ca. You will be able to search by keywords, and use filters to narrow down the results.
- If you are subscribed for notifications on Buyandsell.gc.ca, you will need to re-create your subscriptions on CanadaBuys as these subscriptions will not be transferred over.
Get ready for CanadaBuys
CanadaBuys will gradually replace Buyandsell.gc.ca. During the transition, instructions on both sites will inform you about the status of transition, and guide you to the right location for the information you need.
To find out more about how you can prepare your business for the transition, view the Checklist for the transition to electronic procurement.
If you need help understanding the federal procurement process or registering for a procurement business number, contact us:
- National InfoLine 1-800-811-1148 (Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm ET); or
- Procurement Assistance Canada.
If you need any support using CanadaBuys, contact the contact the CanadaBuys Service Desk. This is the designated service desk for the electronic procurement solution.