The Government of Canada is committed to creating opportunities for Indigenous businesses to succeed and grow. Procurement Assistance Canada and Indigenous Services Canada would like to invite Indigenous businesses to a workshop to register in SAP Ariba and the Indigenous Business Directory.
By registering in both systems, you make your company's name and supply capabilities widely known to federal departments and agencies, who may use these systems to identify sources of supply for the goods and services they buy.
What is SAP Ariba?
Public Services and Procurement Canada uses SAP Ariba, a web-based tool that allows businesses to view and bid on tender opportunities. Registration is free.
What is Indigenous Business Directory?
The Indigenous Business Directory is a database designed to assist and support Indigenous businesses in the pursuit of business opportunities, including federal procurement.
To create a basic profile in Indigenous Business Directory, you need:
- Your business information: business name, business number, address, and contact information
- A short description of your business: one or two paragraphs
- A data provider for your business, and their contact information. This will be Indigenous Services Canada’s point of contact for your business.
- Another business contact information if different from the data provider: the owner, or General Manger, or Chief Executive Officer, etc.
- A breakdown of business ownership: Your business must have 51% Indigenous ownership and control to register in the Indigenous Business Directory, for which you will need to provide proof
and upload to your profile
(Please have your proof scanned and available in pdf or jpeg format in advance. If you do not have proof of eligibility, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will help you with this step prior to the registration.
Your business ownership must equal 100%, so if the Indigenous owner does not own 100% of the business, you must also include other non-Indigenous owners in this step as well.
- Your type of business: The options are band-operated, cooperative, corporation, joint venture, not specified, not-for-profit, partnership, or sole-proprietorship.
- Goods and Services Identification Number (GSIN) and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes: While entering these codes is not a mandatory step to complete your profile ,you will be able to search various industries and enter codes that way.
Please give some thought to what industries you wish to ensure your profile includes.
- Wed, 03/22/2023 - 13:00
- Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, National Capital Region, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Yukon
- Event type
- Procurement Assistance Canada seminars and events
- Procurement Assistance Canada, National Capital Region
- Event Language
- Space Availability
- Space Available
- Online registration form