As part of the Rendez-vous de la Francophonie, public servants, and the Francophone and Francophile community meet to celebrate La Francophonie together.
The British Columbia Federal Council's (BCFC) Official Languages Committee is pleased to invite you to participate in the 2018 edition of the Vancouver’s Celebrations of La Francophonie, on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, at the Vancouver Public Library, 350 West Georgia Street in Vancouver. From 10:00 to 15:00, Federal institutions and Francophone organizations from the Lower Mainland will invite the public to visit their information booths in the Promenade of the Vancouver Public Library.
This event is part of Rendez-vous de la francophonie (RVF) and the theme for the three years between 2016 to 2018 is “La francophonie in 3D: Diversity, Duality and Dynamism”. This theme is an invitation to discover our francophonie by focusing on cultural exchanges designed to bring Francophones and Francophiles closer together.
- Diversity: Ever since the Indigenous Peoples welcomed the first explorers, and up until the latest newcomers, Canada has been a land of welcome and peace. The desire to develop a better life together is an essential value in our country. This fundamental characteristic connects us. The RVF wants to celebrate this reality.
- Duality: Based on a historic agreement, the country’s Official Languages strengthen the concept of diversity and acceptance. Support for linguistic duality is a demonstration of what makes Canada different, stronger and more attractive. The RVF wants to help enhance this support.
- Dynamism: Francophone communities right across the country, integrated into their environments, have helped drive the local economy and culture through their innovativeness and imagination. This is the added value that Francophones, Acadians, and Francophiles want to spread to all Canadians. The RVF would like to demonstrate this vitality.
- Vancouver Public Library, 350 West Georgia Street
- Tue, 03/13/2018 -10:00 to 15:00
- Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
- British Columbia
- Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) business seminars and events
- Event type
- Information Booth
- Office of Small and Medium Enterprises
- Event Language
- Space Availability
- Space Available
- no registration necessary