January 2, 2018 – Gatineau – Following the successful pilot to submit bids electronically using the epost Connect service, this submission method is now available for those tender opportunities issued by Public Services and Procurement Canada in the national capital region. The ability to submit files electronically is in addition to the regular bid submission methods available to bidders (for example: fax, mail, courier or delivery in person at Bid Receiving Unit).
Interested bidders should always refer to the bid solicitation documentation to verify which method of bid submission is accepted for a tender opportunity.
This initiative is helping PSPC to move away from a paper-based process to a green electronic service in accordance with the department’s commitment to modernize procurement processes.
The use of electronic bid submissions will be extended to tender opportunities issued by PSPC regional offices by spring 2018. PSPC will also be assessing the feasibility of offering the epost Connect electronic bid receiving service to other government departments and agencies over the coming months.
What is epost Connect
Epost Connect is a secure, online service that allows users to share large, confidential files. Some features include:
- large file transfers, you can attach multiple 1 GB files (any file type) in a single message
- the ability to track your electronic activity history
- privacy and security capabilities to process Protected B documents (which meet Government of Canada requirements)
Benefits to businesses
Electronic bid submission means:
- suppliers can securely submit their bids electronically at no cost
- the bidding process is improved and shorter (user centric)
- it reduces risks of errors associated with the faxing, receiving and handling of paper documents
- a green alternative to submitting paper files
- a time and date stamp record for the upload of files in epost Connect
For additional information on submitting your bid solicitation documents electronically, please contact the national capital region Bid Receiving Unit at TPSGC.DGAreceptiondessoumissions-ABBidReceiving.PWGSC@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
For questions relating to a specific tender opportunity, please contact the contracting authority responsible for the procurement process.
Stay informed about tenders, website updates and procurement news by subscribing to the: