The following is intended to help Government of Canada (GC) procurement professionals understand what is required to start using the Buyandsell.gc.ca Tender Management Application (TMA).
Important: TMA is an application used by GC procurement professionals to create and publish GC tender notices. It is not used by suppliers or the public. If you are a supplier interested in finding opportunities with the GC, please visit Buyandsell.gc.ca Tenders. You can view and download tender notices and documents for free and without registration.
- TMA – a secure work environment
- Who requires a BuyandSell.gc.ca account to use TMA?
- Register to get your Buyandsell.gc.ca account
- Access TMA to begin your work
- Help for TMA users
- More information
TMA – a secure work environment
You need a Buyandsell.gc.ca account and have been assigned a role to perform tasks to access and use TMA, a secure, web-based service. A Buyandsell.gc.ca account gives you access to "non-public" and secure areas of Buyandsell.gc.ca such as TMA. TMA categorizes users into various roles. In general, each role corresponds to a particular type of TMA workflow. Different roles have different capabilities. Using TMA, you can create and manage tender notices, upload solicitation documents, upload attachments for tender notices, and manage your work in progress. You only need to register once to get your Buyandsell.gc.ca account and then begin using TMA.
Learn more about Buyandsell.gc.ca Accounts.
Note: You cannot use TMA if you do not have a Buyandsell.gc.ca account and have not been assigned a role. If you attempt to use TMA, it will prompt you to create an account.
Who requires a Buyandsell.gc.ca account to use TMA?
The following procurement professionals require a Buyandsell.gc.ca account to use TMA to publish tender notices and upload attachments:
- PWGSC procurement professionals
- Who used MERX Notice Creation, now use TMA to publish tenders.
- Who used the Automated Buyer Environment (ABE) and the Bulk File Importer (BFI) / Drawings and Specifications Package (DSP) Management of MERX to upload large electronic attachments and/or native format files, now use TMA to upload these types of attachments.
- Other government department and agency procurement professionals
If you are a procurement professional working for a government department, agency, Crown corporation, or other entity (unless specifically exempt) you will now use TMA to publish tender notices and upload documents.
Register to get your Buyandsell.gc.ca account
To access a secure web application, you require a Buyandsell.gc.ca account. A Buyandsell.gc.ca Account Manager will send an email inviting you to create a new account. To learn how to register, visit Get Started with Buyandsell.gc.ca Accounts.
Access TMA to begin your work
Once you have registered with Buyandsell.gc.ca Accounts and have been assigned a role, you are ready to use TMA. As a TMA authorized user, you will be able to customize your TMA settings, allowing you to specify such things as your email notification preference, your selected publisher, your appointed proxy, and so on.
A work environment tailored to your tasks
When you are using TMA, it displays screens tailored to the tasks you need to accomplish. The first screen you see after entering TMA is called “My Tenders” and it functions as a dashboard (or home page) that summarizes all of your TMA work.
User roles in TMA explained
TMA categorizes users into various roles. In general, each role corresponds to a particular type of TMA workflow. Different roles have different capabilities.
If you are a tender author, you can:
- create, update, and manage tender notices
- upload solicitation documents
- upload tender attachments
- add uploaded documents and attachments to solicitation packages
- reassign your TMA duties when you are absent
- request a publisher (someone who can cause your tender notices to be “published”, such that they are visible to public users)
- reassign a solicitation package to another user
If you are a tender publisher, you can:
- create, update, and manage your own tender notices
- upload your own solicitation documents
- upload your own tender attachments
- add uploaded documents and attachments to your own solicitation packages
- approve a request to be the publisher for an author
- approve an author’s solicitation package for publication
- publish your own solicitation packages
- reassign a solicitation package to another user
If you are an ABE user, you can:
- add Drawings and Specifications Packages (DSPs) or other native attachments to an ABE-generated tender notice
- publish an ABE-generated tender notice that was waiting for native attachments
Help for TMA users
If you are from a government department or agency, you can direct questions about TMA to your PWGSC Account Manager. Please visit Account Managers for Government Buyers to find your account manager.
Where can I find Tender Management Application (TMA) Help?
You can access TMA help documentation once you have signed into the TMA environment. There is a link to the help documentation located at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
If you still haven’t found what you are looking for, you may call the national InfoLine at 1-800-811-1148. The line is staffed Monday to Friday from 07:30 to 17:00 Eastern Standard/Daylight time. You may also send your questions via our Web form found on the Contact Us page.