On June 1, 2013, Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders became the Government Electronic Tendering Service (GETS) when the contract with Mediagrif to host GETS on MERX expired on May 31, 2013. Buyandsell.gc.ca's Tender Management Application (TMA) is the secure intranet-based publishing environment where Government of Canada (GC) procurement professionals create and manage tender notices, upload documents and attachments, and manage their work in progress. Tender notices created using TMA will be published on and available to the public on the Buyandsell.gc.ca Tenders minisite.
Important: TMA is only accessible to federal government employees, and only to federal departments, agencies and crown corporations to create and publish GC tender notices and awards. TMA is not used by businesses or the public. If your business is interested in finding opportunities with the Government of Canada, please visit Buyandsell.gc.ca Tenders. You can view and download tender notices and documents for free and without registration.
Table of Contents
Who must use TMA?
PWGSC procurement professionals:
- who used MERX Notice Creation, now use TMA to publish tenders.
- who used ABE and the Bulk File Importer (BFI) / Drawings and Specifications Package (DSP) Management of MERX to upload large electronic attachments and/or native format files, now use TMA to upload these types of attachments.
NOTE: PWGSC procurement professionals who currently use only ABE and do not use MERX Notice Creation, do not use TMA to create tender notices.
Other government department and agency procurement professionals:
- who used MERX Notice Creation, now use TMA to publish tenders
What are the benefits of TMA?
TMA is browser-based, eliminating the requirement for a separate desktop application. Procurement officers will find it familiar and easy to use.
TMA is an efficient application that allows you to:
- Create and post tenders
- Attach documents
- Reassign a work in progress (for example, when you leave for vacation)
TMA ensures tender-process integrity because it:
- Provides a publication audit trail
- Is Government of Canada certified and accredited
- Uses GC credential management services to authenticate users (for example, myKEY)
- Supports the assignment of roles for publishing and approving tender notices
To learn more about TMA, please visit the Get Started with Tender Management Application section of the site or consult the Tender Management Application Frequently Asked Questions.
If you are from a government department or agency, you can direct questions about TMA to your PWGSC Account Manager. Please visit Account Managers for Government Buyers to find your account manager.
If you still haven’t found what you are looking for, please send your questions using our Contact Us form.
You may call the national InfoLine at 1-800-811-1148. The line is staffed Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00 Eastern Standard/Daylight time.